Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

sequel or prequel?

Talk about the time traveling Kanga invasion.
Re: sequel or prequel?
Post by Montrose Toast   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:02 am

Montrose Toast
Commodore

Family comes first. The peanuts gallery can just reread all your books a couple more times...
"Who Dares Wins"
Post by John Prigent   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:58 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Ooh! Ooh! What is Freedom from the Shadows? That sounds interesting :(

Cheers

John

runsforcelery wrote:
Lunan wrote:This one of my favorite books of yours good MWW.
I truly hope everything goes well for sharron, and real life takes precedence over writing no matter how we the fans may beg, you have already given us more wonderful stories then 80 odd percent of other authors will put out in a life time.
that all being said.
you mention so many books in there that are planned for "somewhere into the future"
may i ask you what you are currently working on in the near future? (cauldron of ghost needs to be finished if it isn't, beyond that no one seems to know what is really next in the pipeline)

Currently working on Cauldron. I've also got about 12,000 words on the next Safehold (working title Hell's Foundations Quiver), which will undoubtedly be followed by the sequel to either Freedom from the Shadows or A Rising Thunder. We also have the next Honorverse companion in the works; Tim Zahn, Tom Pope, and I will be looking at the sequel to Call to Duty; and Joelle Presby and I are probably about 66% through with the third Multiverse book. Oh, and Baen and I are about to contract for a 5-volume fantasy series which will take the war between Norfressa and Kontovar to a conclusions.

Sides that, nothing much. :)
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:52 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

That would be a problem! :lol:

runsforcelery wrote:
DrakBibliophile wrote:The problem with cloning David Weber (or any other author) would be that they might all want to be working on the same thing. ;)

Oh, let's not get into the question of which of them gets to have sex with the wife/husband (note some of the authors I want to be cloned are female). :twisted:

Nope. The real problem is that every damn clone would immediately start producing spinoff series of his own!! ;)
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by Lunan   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:07 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

You know. i honestly can't tell you if i'm more excited by the idea of the next honor/1oth fleet book or i'm more excited about finally getting down to what promises to be a major fantasy work. to see Wencit and the probable son of our bloody handed friend get on with major magical mayham just has such interesting promise

runsforcelery wrote:
Lunan wrote:This one of my favorite books of yours good MWW.
I truly hope everything goes well for sharron, and real life takes precedence over writing no matter how we the fans may beg, you have already given us more wonderful stories then 80 odd percent of other authors will put out in a life time.
that all being said.
you mention so many books in there that are planned for "somewhere into the future"
may i ask you what you are currently working on in the near future? (cauldron of ghost needs to be finished if it isn't, beyond that no one seems to know what is really next in the pipeline)

Currently working on Cauldron. I've also got about 12,000 words on the next Safehold (working title Hell's Foundations Quiver), which will undoubtedly be followed by the sequel to either Freedom from the Shadows or A Rising Thunder. We also have the next Honorverse companion in the works; Tim Zahn, Tom Pope, and I will be looking at the sequel to Call to Duty; and Joelle Presby and I are probably about 66% through with the third Multiverse book. Oh, and Baen and I are about to contract for a 5-volume fantasy series which will take the war between Norfressa and Kontovar to a conclusions.

Post by Lunan   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

you know whats missing in that list, Empire of Man 5.
John Ringo is at least 4 chapters into writing it from posts on facebook has there been a break down on that? or is it really gonna finally happen by 2015?
Post by Henry Brown   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

runsforcelery wrote:Nope. The real problem is that every damn clone would immediately start producing spinoff series of his own!! ;)

You say that like it would be a bad thing. :lol: The only downside I see is that I might have to substantially increase my book buying budget. But I'm pretty sure that if I look behind the couch cushions and break open my piggy bank I can find the money. ;)
clones re: sequel or prequel?
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

How can those spin-off series be a problem?
As long as 2 or 3 of them are in Multiverse, of course!
:D :lol: :mrgreen:

May Sharon's surgery be successfully completed this time!

HTM

[quote="runsforcelery"]
at bottom

[quote="Henry Brown"]
The obvious answer is to clone yourself about a half a dozen times! :lol:

But on a more serious note, sorry to hear your wife has to have another surgery. Hope it goes well.
[/quote=Henry Brown]

RFC replied:
Nope. The real problem is that
every damn clone would immediately start
producing spinoff series of his own!! ;)
[/quote=RFC]
Post by garfield   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:17 pm

garfield
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

My thoughts are with you and Sharon RFC. Hope the surgery goes well and she has a good recovery.
Post by Bernd   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Bernd
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Montrose Toast wrote:Family comes first. The peanuts gallery can just reread all your books a couple more times...

I will second this. Take care of the family I can and already do reread your books. Hope to hear later this year that all of you are doing well. Bernd
Post by EdThomas   » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 am

EdThomas
Captain of the List

RFC, I hope you know all of us out here are pulling for ALL the Webers'.

Return to Apocalypse Troll