Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

LAMA Spoiler/Snippet Index [Finished 02/10]

This is the place where we will be posting snippets of soon-to-be published works!
Re: [Sticky] LAMA Spoiler/Snippet Index
Post by KNick   » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:14 pm

KNick
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:Well... There is the infodump, but hasn't been updated since March 10, 2013.

It's a good idea but I'm afraid someone else has to put that index together since I don't have the time.

Don't worry about it. I am very sure that everyone appreciates the time you do take to make sure that the snippet/spoiler list is up-to-date. It has been a great help. Thank you.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by ksandgren   » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:30 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Joat42,

KNick is right on. We really appreciate this Index - even more so now that it appears that Drak won't get to post his usual snippets. Thanks for organizing and keeping up with this wonderful task.
Post by rrw   » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:13 pm

rrw
Midshipman

MarcW wrote:Excellent way to get a quick overview of all the LAMA spoilers released so far.

But I was wondering, if we could expand this topic slightly, or create a new one.

What I'd also liked to see is an Index of extra information RFC has supplied that may not necessary be spoilers. For example, I remember topics like a detailed description of all the armies in this conflict, information about the new ironclads, a treatise on education on Safehold, and a whole lot of other background information about Safehold that never made it into any of Mr. Weber's books.

Hello MarcW,

I want the same information and have a relatively trivial way to do it myself.

I do an advanced search under Forum Search in the forum, set author to runsforcelery, and time range to the time since the last time I ran a search. I also set return characters of posts to "all available" so I get the entire post.

I leave others blank or default, including Forums, and as a result get all his postings in all forums. He has lately been far more prolific in the Multiverse forum.

RRW
Post by pbreed   » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:55 pm

pbreed
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Just a heads up ...
The ARC's (advanced review copies) of this book have started to hit Ebay...
Re: [Sticky] LAMA Spoiler/Snippet Index [Updated 19/10]
Post by KNick   » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:08 am

KNick
Admiral

Thank you for your dedication to the task you set yourself Joat42. it has been very helpful to myself, and I am sure, to others. Please know that your efforts on our behalf are appreciated every time I use it.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by GregD   » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:41 am

GregD
Lieutenant Commander

Joat42 wrote:[*]01/04: Spoiler 7: Hector fatally wounded

1: Thank you very much for doing this.

2: Why do you title Spoiler 7 "Hector fatally wounded"? All I can see from the snippet is that he's injured, I don't see promise of death. Is there something else elsewhere that gives the "fatally" part?

Thanks!
Post by Tanstaafl   » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Tanstaafl
Commander

GregD wrote:
Joat42 wrote:[*]01/04: Spoiler 7: Hector fatally wounded

2: Why do you title Spoiler 7 "Hector fatally wounded"? All I can see from the snippet is that he's injured, I don't see promise of death. Is there something else elsewhere that gives the "fatally" part?

Thanks!

In the alinea before last in Spoiler 6, Irys state of mind is:

runsforcelery wrote:

That hadn’t really bothered her . . . then. But that had been before the Cathedral Square bomb attack. Before her husband had been mortally wounded on their wedding day.

Before she’d decided that anyone, anywhere — man, woman, or demon -- who ever again wanted to harm someone she loved would have to go through her, first.
The abstinents are right,
but only the drinkers know why
― Simon Carmiggelt
Post by GregD   » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:50 pm

GregD
Lieutenant Commander

Tanstaafl wrote:
GregD wrote:[*]01/04: Spoiler 7: Hector fatally wounded

Thanks!

In the alinea before last in Spoiler 6, Irys state of mind is:

runsforcelery wrote:

That hadn’t really bothered her . . . then. But that had been before the Cathedral Square bomb attack. Before her husband had been mortally wounded on their wedding day.

Before she’d decided that anyone, anywhere — man, woman, or demon -- who ever again wanted to harm someone she loved would have to go through her, first.

Ah, thank you. I thought I knew the answer, then I realized I didn't, and now you've given it to me (again :-) ).

So now we come to the question "why is David still implying Hektor might live?" Which, as others have already pointed out, brings thoughts of "fast sejins" and "Nimue's Cave" to mind. :-)
Post by Joat42   » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Joat42
Admiral

GregD wrote:Ah, thank you. I thought I knew the answer, then I realized I didn't, and now you've given it to me (again :-) ).

So now we come to the question "why is David still implying Hektor might live?" Which, as others have already pointed out, brings thoughts of "fast sejins" and "Nimue's Cave" to mind. :-)

Could be that Hektor has a bunch of nanites helping him recover from the mortal wound which normally should be fatal. And since he may have been young enough it's possible that if he dies a complete download could be done.

And if you are taking what David is implying for truth I have a bridge for sale, special just for you!

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Skywatcher44   » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Skywatcher44
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I have followed the discussion on the meaning of "mortal" and I have to say, since Irys is 'looking back' and describing the wound as mortal, I have to assume she believes the wound to have been mortal, ie deadly, ie Hector is dead to her.

That is not to say he didn't get whisked away to the regen tanks, but Irys believes him to be dead, or she would have thought 'badly' or 'severely' wounded, from what I know of the meaning of 'mortal' in reflecting on a past wound.

Return to Snippets