Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About the schedule

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Re: About the schedule
Post by Randomiser   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:23 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

ncwolf wrote:
Annachie wrote:But then, Asimov was special. He could trip over a typewriter and end up with a 1000 word essay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The man was so productive that by, oh, the eighties (if not before) the joke was that he was a committee.

His memory was so good it was almost cheating. According to one of his essays which discussed his education in passing, he had a genuine eidetic memory and could recall anything he had read once. Made passing exams a snap - and can't have hurt for plotting novels or writing non-fiction once he had read a couple of thousand books. NTM he was seriously bright!
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:29 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Randomiser wrote:
ncwolf wrote:

The man was so productive that by, oh, the eighties (if not before) the joke was that he was a committee.

His memory was so good it was almost cheating. According to one of his essays which discussed his education in passing, he had a genuine eidetic memory and could recall anything he had read once. Made passing exams a snap - and can't have hurt for plotting novels or writing non-fiction once he had read a couple of thousand books. NTM he was seriously bright!

According to Neil DeGrasse Tyson, he used the library at the museum the Hayden Planetarium is located in for research, but never took notes - just read the books and went home to continue writing.

As an aside, in one of his anthologies, one of the short stories contained within was written to answer a challenge to write a story during the time he was on TV being interviewed. According to Asimov, there are only two grammatical errors in the story, and it was reprinted exactly as he wrote it. He leaves it to the reader to find them.
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

Great to hear from you RFC; and great to see the timeline for the next few books in the various universes - really excited and looking forward to them all; just make sure you look after yourself and the family
Post by ReverendNeal   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:02 pm

ReverendNeal
Midshipman

I'm so pleased to note your attention to health and family! Thanks for keeping yourself well and happy while you spin wonderful stories for us.

I've been an avid reader/listener to your works since I discovered OBS nearly 10 years ago. Thank you so much! I have especially enjoyed your attention to the spiritual, and well as the technical, side of science fiction. As a pastor, I find your observations and approach most interesting.

If you ever need help or a different perspective from a pastor and author of theological books who also loves political and technical science fiction of many different kinds, please feel free to contact me.

Blessings,

Greg+
Post by Lazlo   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Lazlo
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

only 660,000 words? lol. thanks RFC. read and listened to all of the HH from the beginning. even the painful man•TÍK•or•an pronunciations.
Post by Henry Brown   » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:33 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

OK. So when RFC posted this schedule on June 3rd, he indicated he hoped to be done with Uncompromising Honor by the end of the month. It is now the last day of June. Anybody know if he made his deadline? And By the way RFC, if you DID make the deadline and wanted to publish a snippet to commemorate making it I promise to not complain. :lol:
Post by Lunan   » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:17 am

Lunan
Captain of the List

he has kids and a wife plus its the 4th of july weekend.
lets wait to bug the man till the 5th at least :twisted:

Henry Brown wrote:OK. So when RFC posted this schedule on June 3rd, he indicated he hoped to be done with Uncompromising Honor by the end of the month. It is now the last day of June. Anybody know if he made his deadline? And By the way RFC, if you DID make the deadline and wanted to publish a snippet to commemorate making it I promise to not complain. :lol:
Post by ldwechsler   » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:43 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

I knew Asimov slightly. He told me that one of the best motivators for writing was that he knew whatever he wrote would get published. All he had to do was write and turn in the manuscript.

[
Post by kenl511   » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:35 pm

kenl511
Captain (Junior Grade)

ldwechsler wrote:I knew Asimov slightly. He told me that one of the best motivators for writing was that he knew whatever he wrote would get published. All he had to do was write and turn in the manuscript.

[

Asimov also wrote that even when everything he wrote was published he also got enough rejection slips annually to wall paper his home.
Post by ldwechsler   » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:31 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

But to get back to the key question: Has the manuscript for the new book been submitted yet? It is just about half way through the month.

Return to David's Dimension