Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Harandani confederation

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Harandani confederation
Post by Dauntless   » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Dauntless
Captain of the List

Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 pm

just rereading the war god books and something is bugging me.

from book 3 onwards it is implied that Bahank rules ALL harandani but I've only seen references to him having control of the Horse Stealers and Bloody Swords.

There are comments about Wild Wash and Broken Bone, are these simply clans like the Iron Axes or War Hammers or totally separate groups not part of Horse Stealers or Bloody swords?

If the later due they acknowledge Bahank as First Prince (king in reality) or are they totally separate?
Top
Re: Harandani confederation
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:20 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:29 pm

Dauntless wrote:just rereading the war god books and something is bugging me.

from book 3 onwards it is implied that Bahank rules ALL harandani but I've only seen references to him having control of the Horse Stealers and Bloody Swords.

There are comments about Wild Wash and Broken Bone, are these simply clans like the Iron Axes or War Hammers or totally separate groups not part of Horse Stealers or Bloody swords?

If the later due they acknowledge Bahank as First Prince (king in reality) or are they totally separate?


I looked in the books and all I found was Bahnak being the paramount prince of the Northern Hradani (the Wild Wash and Broken Bone Hradani are Southern Hradani). Where did you see the implication that he ruled all the Hradani?
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Top
Re: Harandani confederation
Post by Dauntless   » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:03 am

Dauntless
Captain of the List

Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Borken Bone and wild wash are southern harnadani? well that would make more sense of their confederations name.
Top
Re: Harandani confederation
Post by robert132   » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:22 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:I looked in the books and all I found was Bahnak being the paramount prince of the Northern Hradani (the Wild Wash and Broken Bone Hradani are Southern Hradani). Where did you see the implication that he ruled all the Hradani?


I'm going to have to re-read the series also, but as I recall at some point Prince Bahnak and allies went to war against other Hradani and "brought them kicking and screaming" into the fold.

Or it could just be I'm misremembering. This would have happened after Bahzell became a Champion but before he brought the brotherhood and established the Haradani chapter of Tomanak's followers.
****

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Top
Re: Harandani confederation
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 am

Dauntless
Captain of the List

Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 pm

bahnak conquered the Bloody sword's towards the end of book 2
Top
Re: Harandani confederation
Post by robert132   » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:55 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Dauntless wrote:bahnak conquered the Bloody sword's towards the end of book 2


That's probably what I was remembering then.

Thank you my friend.
****

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Top
Re: Harandani confederation
Post by dan92677   » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:51 pm

dan92677
Commander

Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm
Location: Southern California

Don't forget the books that we didn't get. I think that I remember reading something about Bahzell visiting the Southern tribes in the new series.
Top

Return to War God