Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Empire of the Spear expansion(spoilers)

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Empire of the Spear expansion(spoilers)
Post by SYED   » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:46 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

It is tricky because they want to expand into the border states instead of claiming wild lands. but i jus had an idea. The lands of the purple lords stink of black magic, which is universally illegal. What if the empire uses this to invade south? That way they get everypones backing and support.
Re: Empire of the Spear expansion(spoilers)
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:14 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

SYED wrote:It is tricky because they want to expand into the border states instead of claiming wild lands. but i jus had an idea. The lands of the purple lords stink of black magic, which is universally illegal. What if the empire uses this to invade south? That way they get everypones backing and support.

Excellent notion! I am sure RFC will go that route. Of course, this also suggests that such a move will precipitate the half elves calling in the Carnadosans from Trofolantha to start the party in earnest.
Post by BrightSoul   » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:30 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

SYED wrote:It is tricky because they want to expand into the border states instead of claiming wild lands. but i jus had an idea. The lands of the purple lords stink of black magic, which is universally illegal. What if the empire uses this to invade south? That way they get everypones backing and support.

I suspect that the Purple Lords have too many Spearmen Nobles under their thumb to see this happen. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the PL have their puppet strings on the Emperor in some way. I rather got the impression that the Spearmen leadership changes haven't gone in the direction Duke Jashan wanted them to go.
Post by SYED   » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:50 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

We can see there will eventually be some kind of confrontation with the wizard forces in the Purple lord lands, say they are weakened or destroyed in battles with champions, then that vulnerability or loss of power, could lead to the empire altering their targets.

Especially considering, that htey would have the support of many nations that would want ot ensure the dark god influence in the region is fully eliminated.
Post by hanuman   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:37 am

hanuman
Captain of the List

SYED wrote:We can see there will eventually be some kind of confrontation with the wizard forces in the Purple lord lands, say they are weakened or destroyed in battles with champions, then that vulnerability or loss of power, could lead to the empire altering their targets.

Especially considering, that htey would have the support of many nations that would want ot ensure the dark god influence in the region is fully eliminated.

I agree that the Purple Lords will most likely become the Carnadosans' first official foothold on Norfressa, from where they'll start the attempt to conquer that continent.

As for Spearmen expansionary attempts towards the Border States, I have to wonder if the Spearmen aren't unwittingly being used by the Carnadosans to draw the Axemen's focus away from whatever preparations they are making elsewhere - like, maybe, REALLY gaining influence (maybe even openly) in the Spear men's imperial court.
Post by SYED   » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:00 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

If they act openly, it allows everyone to freely act against them, and allow the spears yo occupy and expand into those lands as they route out the enemy.

Return to War God