Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The Sword of the South

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: The Sword of the South
Post by dan92677   » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:00 am

dan92677
Commander

And with the ocean at hand, a place where Bahzell could keep himself amused and busy...

Also, 2 Tomanak Champions, don't forget Walsharno...
Post by dwileye13   » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:38 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

dan92677 wrote:And with the ocean at hand, a place where Bahzell could keep himself amused and busy...

Should we include Kenhodan as A Champion of Tomanak? There are clues out there
I am not young enough to know everything!
Post by Morris Darkstar   » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:59 am

Morris Darkstar
Ensign

Actually I'm more inclined to think he's more like Brandark was. He seems to very much have the soul of a bard.

But again, he's been picked for another job that eats at his soul.

Morris

dwileye13 wrote:
dan92677 wrote:And with the ocean at hand, a place where Bahzell could keep himself amused and busy...

Should we include Kenhodan as A Champion of Tomanak? There are clues out there
Post by John the Red   » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:22 am

John the Red
Midshipman

I am restless waiting for the second book od SotS. The timestorm is flowing more quickly and my patience is wearing thin. Waiting for more of Kenhoden,
Brandark, Wencit, Bahzell and all of their forthcoming adventures is extreme anticipatory anxiety.
Post by NervousEnergy   » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 pm

NervousEnergy
Captain (Junior Grade)

John the Red wrote:I am restless waiting for the second book od SotS. The timestorm is flowing more quickly and my patience is wearing thin. Waiting for more of Kenhoden,
Brandark, Wencit, Bahzell and all of their forthcoming adventures is extreme anticipatory anxiety.

Himself may be writing it now. The next Safehold book has been turned in, and I believe the SotS sequel was next up on his radar.

It's a great series, and I do look forward to the next one.
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:29 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

NervousEnergy wrote:
John the Red wrote:I am restless waiting for the second book od SotS. The timestorm is flowing more quickly and my patience is wearing thin. Waiting for more of Kenhoden,

Himself may be writing it now. The next Safehold book has been turned in, and I believe the SotS sequel was next up on his radar.

It's a great series, and I do look forward to the next one.

Seconded!

mind you - if you are viewing the time storm IIRC you should be able to see the book anyway?
Get in early and making a killing :lol:
Post by meveland   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:05 pm

meveland
Midshipman

I'm also anxiously awaiting book #6. Working through another series now while I wait.... :?
Post by Srannard   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:04 am

Srannard
Midshipman

Waiting desperately for the next installment- would love a progress update please!

I think the Bahzell books have to be my favourite series - I think - it's a toss up with Honor and Empire of Man a close runner up...

You know a book is great when you have gone back to read it 7 (or is it 8 or 9) times now and are still looking forward to the next visit :D
Post by bhadisur   » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:50 am

bhadisur
Midshipman

How long is it since the war where Champion Viajon,the Hradani, Dwarves and West Riding Sothoii worked and fought together to build the canal and killed the three demons
Post by Dauntless   » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:43 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

about 70 years.

Leanna turned 21 during the events of war maid's choice. Brandark mentions to kenhodan, who guess due to her rank of 1000 among war maids and general appearance that she might be 40, that she is 93.

check chapter 5 for the full conversation, basically that entire chapter is Brandark filling in gaps in Kenhodan knowledge of Bahzell and Leaana.

Return to War God