Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

SotS Snippet 18[?]a

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: SotS Snippet 18[?]a
Post by Adeon Hawkwood   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Adeon Hawkwood
Midshipman

dan92677 wrote:I think that the two of them can communicate for a long distance, otherwise why would Bahzell be so sure that Walsharno was soon to arrive, more or less.

The other possibility is that Tomanak is relaying a message, giving Walsharno a general idea of where to go. It would explain why Bazhell is only relatively confident that Walsharno will meet up with them, he knows that he's on the way but they're too far apart to talk to each other and Tomanak can't give them exact directions so they'll have to use their herd sense to find each other once they get within range.

General evidence in the other books was that Courser telepathic communication has a relatively short range but that their herd sense was at least somewhat longer ranged.
Post by AClone   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:29 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

Remember that Walsharno is also a Champion, and Tomanak has shown a tendency to get his Champions moving where they need to go well before they need to get there.
Post by dan92677   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:16 pm

dan92677
Commander

And Walsharno will tell Gayrfressa and....

I still think that Bahzell's confidence has a reason of some kind, somewhere.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see him as early as next snippet, because our group will need to be moving along rather smartly!
Post by Louis R   » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

"insinuate"? puh-leeze!

Couldn't you at least have called it a suggestion? or maybe an implication?

Anyway, you're correct that Leeana may not in fact choose to leave Belhaden even once Gayrfressa gets there, but the way that scene ends suggests that it's going to be many months - more likely years - before she sees her daughter again, and in the mean time, she's supposed to twiddle her thumbs? Although, as the aunt, or more likely great-aunt, of the current Baron of Balthar, she may well have other calls on her attention.

I was just thinking that that one clear scene we get from Gwynna's visions, while it may not be a high probability event, is likely to be pretty close in time [huh? you didn't notice that the girl's a precog, and a pretty powerful one at that? she probably has other gifts at least as powerful, but they're harder to sort out of the mix] to the present, since it was so clear. That may not be correct, as the very fact that it showed her parents could be enough to make Gwynna focus on it and pull it into clarity, but if it is a near-future possibility Leeana and Bahzell could be at least headed towards each other pretty soon.

Randomiser wrote:
dan92677 wrote:I'm not so sure about that. Bahzell's call probably reached him, if he wasn't already on his way to meet them. Bahzell seems to think that he (Walsharno) would be along shortly, even though the direction they were traveling had just been decided upon.

I think that the two of them can communicate for a long distance, otherwise why would Bahzell be so sure that Walsharno was soon to arrive, more or less.

However......

You are right, but Walsharno is a 'he', after all, so I'm pretty sure Louis R is insinuating Leanna's courser (her name escapes me at the moment) is going to be joining in the fun too, after going to Belhadan to pick Leanna up. Even with Gwynna in the care of the Academy, I'm not so sure he is right about that. Not at this early stage, anyway.

Return to War God