Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

SotS Official Snippet # . . . er, 13!

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: SotS Official Snippet # . . . er, 13!
Post by Kytheros   » Fri May 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Kytheros
Rear Admiral

dan92677 wrote:We know that the coursers are off on a vacation trip to the wind plain, but if necessary Tomanack (sp) could issue a recall message, I would think.

After all, part of their journey is going to be on land, and then there's the escape afterwards...

Plus, while there's a range limit on courser to courser communications, do we know if there's a range limit on the communications between a bonded courser and his/her wind rider? As far as I know, that's never been mentioned, presumably because it's never come up - coursers and their wind riders normally don't separate themselves from one another by significant distances.
Post by Peter2   » Fri May 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

I'd dearly like to know who (and what :twisted: ) this wizard with the yellow slit eyes is. Any ideas, anyone?
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Mon May 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

thanks RFC - one or two interesting hints there; and I'm being good by not popping over to read the chapters on Baen - and I have no idea how I might get hold of the ARC!
Post by PeterZ   » Mon May 04, 2015 5:16 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Bahzellstudent wrote:thanks RFC - one or two interesting hints there; and I'm being good by not popping over to read the chapters on Baen - and I have no idea how I might get hold of the ARC!

Baen.com won't sell you the e-Arc? Follow the link. If they won't sell you a copy because of your location, not sure what I can do for you.

http://www.baenebooks.com/
Post by johnb   » Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am

johnb
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Bahzellstudent wrote:thanks RFC - one or two interesting hints there; and I'm being good by not popping over to read the chapters on Baen - and I have no idea how I might get hold of the ARC!

I am in the UK and downloaded the eARC direct from the Baen website the day it was announced, no problem. Just pay $15 by credit card, follow the instructions and hey presto one eARC in your chosen format.

I've done two downloads in fact one in ePub format for my Kobo ereader and one in html format to read on the PC.

Go to the ebooks section on the Baen site and it is in there. I do so quite regularly for a variety of Baen books, some are in the Free Library and others not.

It's a great read!!!!

John

Return to War God