Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

SoftS Official Snippet #11

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: SoftS Official Snippet #11
Post by AClone   » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:38 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

Perhaps an Easter egg or two from RFC this weekend?
Post by GregD   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:13 pm

GregD
Lieutenant Commander

CaptCaveman wrote:Running in circles and making guess's, the EARC had better come soon... :roll:

Multi-book series, no? Expect to have a lot of questions still unanswered. :-(
Post by dan92677   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:59 pm

dan92677
Commander

An Easter egg would be nice, but I'm afraid we have another week of waiting to go through, darn it!

Happy Easter, all
Post by Polyglot   » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Polyglot
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Said "oh, wait a minute..." out loud when I remembered that Ken Houghton was transported to Sword Brother's universe because Wencit was trying to summon a Griffin... I think that's a major clue to Kenhodan's identity, but I won't even begin to try sketch in more detail.
:shock:
Post by AClone   » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

Polyglot wrote:Said "oh, wait a minute..." out loud when I remembered that Ken Houghton was transported to Sword Brother's universe because Wencit was trying to summon a Griffin... I think that's a major clue to Kenhodan's identity, but I won't even begin to try sketch in more detail.
:shock:

He's actually Albus Dumbledore--a Gryffindor, with a griffin door knocker?!!
Post by timmopussycat   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:38 pm

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

runsforcelery wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Well we also know this is NOT the same universe as War Maid's Choice. Varnaythus died before WMC occurred in the universe of Sword Brother. That suggests that the events of WMC were different.

Just as a matter of curiosity, Peter, how do you establish that timeline? Granted, Varnaythus died before "Sword Brother." But how do you establish that "Sword Brother" occurred before WMC? I don't believe there's any point internal to the novella that establishes that timing.

Just sayin'. :lol:

Varnaythus knows in WMC ch 3 that Tremala and Rethak are attempting to acquire a mage. But T and R die in SB. So WMC appears, at first glance, to be before SB. But before SB, Varnaythus has had something very bad happen to him (SB V), which doesn't track with anything we know about V from what happend to him in the aftermath of WRO which must be about six years before WMC.

Something odd going on here.

Return to War God