Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests

SotS cover up on Amazon

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
SotS cover up on Amazon
Post by sawa   » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:03 am

sawa
Lieutenant Commander

I don't know if anyone saw it yet, but on Amazon there is the cover for SotS. You can find it here.
Re: SotS cover up on Amazon
Post by boballab   » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:57 am

boballab
Captain of the List

sawa wrote:I don't know if anyone saw it yet, but on Amazon there is the cover for SotS. You can find it here.

I think there is an important clue in the blurb:
But in the far northern port city of Belhadan, an eleven-year-old girl with a heart of harp music knows the answers to all of Kenhodan's questions. . . and dares not share them with anyone, even the ancient wild wizard who loves her more dearly than life itself.

Maybe besides the return of the Sword of the South we are about to see the return of the Harp of Chesmirsa and a certain offspring is to be the new wielder.

"I'd like to think that someone in the Navy somewhere has at least the IQ of a gerbil!" Rear Admiral Rozsak on the officers in the SLN
Post by NervousEnergy   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:23 pm

NervousEnergy
Captain (Junior Grade)

Now THAT is a good looking cover, and (IMHO, of course) light years better than WRO.
Post by Polyglot   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Polyglot
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Wencit's Eldridge blade is not featured front & center- Kenhodan's is. Does that just mean that Kenhodan is the main character, or does it mean that he, not Wencit, will wield the eponymous blade?

And that direcat...evidentially when Kenhodan leaves the Iron Ax, the 'cat goes with him ( at some point). I'd assumed the 'cat was there to guard Gwynna. Hmmmm.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:44 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Polyglot wrote:Wencit's Eldridge blade is not featured front & center- Kenhodan's is. Does that just mean that Kenhodan is the main character, or does it mean that he, not Wencit, will wield the eponymous blade?

And that direcat...evidentially when Kenhodan leaves the Iron Ax, the 'cat goes with him ( at some point). I'd assumed the 'cat was there to guard Gwynna. Hmmmm.

I think the Eldridge blade in Wencit's hand is the SotS. The fact that the direcat is on the cover I'd put down to cover artist license - cover artists frequently put what they want on the cover - not necessarily a scene from the book. The idea is to get across that this is a book has swordsmen, wizards, and direcats in it - and so far, it does.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to War God