Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

new series odds

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
new series odds
Post by dvdscar   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:13 pm

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Himself has stated publicly that the new Norfressa series will be five books long.

Has anyone started making bets yet on whether he gets it done in only five, and how big they will be if he does?

:-)
Re: new series odds
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:24 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

dvdscar wrote:Himself has stated publicly that the new Norfressa series will be five books long.

Has anyone started making bets yet on whether he gets it done in only five, and how big they will be if he does?

Well he has said that unlike the HH series, he has a firm plot line for all five books to get where he is planning to go, so my guess is that is is going to be about 6 books at about 400 pages each (the length of the first hardcover)
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by iranuke   » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:38 pm

iranuke
Commander

I think that you are about right that the total work will add up to 2400 pages, but I think that he will end up dividing those 2400 pages into just 5 books with each book getting just a little longer, with the last book probably being 600 pages or so.

fallsfromtrees wrote:
dvdscar wrote:Himself has stated publicly that the new Norfressa series will be five books long.

Well he has said that unlike the HH series, he has a firm plot line for all five books to get where he is planning to go, so my guess is that is is going to be about 6 books at about 400 pages each (the length of the first hardcover)
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:24 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:

iranuke wrote:I think that you are about right that the total work will add up to 2400 pages, but I think that he will end up dividing those 2400 pages into just 5 books with each book getting just a little longer, with the last book probably being 600 pages or so.

Unless of course one of the characters decides that he(she?) wants their own book, and runs away with the story.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by tootall   » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:34 pm

tootall
Captain (Junior Grade)

[quote="fallsfromtrees
Unless of course one of the characters decides that he(she?) wants their own book, and runs away with the story.[/quote]

I asked him that once at a seminar- he denid that it happens. Personally, I think that sort of thing is awesome.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:26 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

tootall wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:Unless of course one of the characters decides that he(she?) wants their own book, and runs away with the story.

I asked him that once at a seminar- he denied that it happens. Personally, I think that sort of thing is awesome.

Maybe it has never happened to him, but I remember a panel at a con that Anne McCaffrey was on where she in fact complained about this - a minor character in the first two books of the PERN series, took over a major role in the subsequent books, and eventually got his own book - the only way she got him off the stage was to kill him off.
========================

Return to War God