Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Derbyshire, United Kingdom

Not sure I see the need for this new series of novels to be in a 'different' world to the previous Bahzell books - the theory upthread that Bahzell and Leanna are taking time out to bring up a family makes perfect sense, especially since the dark gods had such a beating up in War Maids' Choice - none of the dark gods are likely to be able to stir up anything needing Tomanak's champions for a long time to come.
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:48 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Bahzellstudent wrote:Not sure I see the need for this new series of novels to be in a 'different' world to the previous Bahzell books - the theory upthread that Bahzell and Leanna are taking time out to bring up a family makes perfect sense, especially since the dark gods had such a beating up in War Maids' Choice - none of the dark gods are likely to be able to stir up anything needing Tomanak's champions for a long time to come.

Except for the continuing intimations that this world is approaching a cusp - and Carnadosa doesn't use avatars, so her access to this world is still not restricted as is Sharna's.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by Icarium   » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Icarium
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:24 am

There also the implication that Bahzell and Leanna's child will be important in some way.

It's very possible that, in order to ensure her safety, the good gods basically said 'Hey. Bahzell. Raise her well.'

There's probably a ton going on in the background on the other continent, but I doubt much on the main continent yet. Though there is the hint the Purple Lords are corrupted...
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by Zakharra   » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:03 pm

Zakharra
Captain of the List

Posts: 619
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

It won't take much for the Purple Lords to cause problems since they are looking at the end of their trade monopoly when the river route through the Marshes is completed. :twisted:
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:34 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Posts: 2292
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Location: East Central Illinois

By this "time", it should be complete.

Of course, in the last book the Dark Wizard Varnaythus had planned to suggest to his masters that an alliance with the Purple Lords would be a good idea.

Based on the conversation, I suspect that he sent that message long before his encounter with Wencit. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zakharra wrote:It won't take much for the Purple Lords to cause problems since they are looking at the end of their trade monopoly when the river route through the Marshes is completed. :twisted:
*
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
*
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
*
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:39 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

DrakBibliophile wrote:By this "time", it should be complete.

Of course, in the last book the Dark Wizard Varnaythus had planned to suggest to his masters that an alliance with the Purple Lords would be a good idea.

Based on the conversation, I suspect that he sent that message long before his encounter with Wencit. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zakharra wrote:It won't take much for the Purple Lords to cause problems since they are looking at the end of their trade monopoly when the river route through the Marshes is completed. :twisted:

I wonder if the wizards on Kontovar passed along Wencit's warning about attacking Leeana with the art. If not, and the Purple Lords should succumb to the temptation, they could get hurt in a big way - or would they have passed it along, because Wencit would decide that the Kontovarans had instigated the attack, and he would keep his promise to them.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by Zakharra   » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Zakharra
Captain of the List

Posts: 619
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

If the Purple lords have their own mages/spell casters and one or more of the attack Leeana, I seriously doubt Wencit would burn Kontovar and Southfassa(?) to ash. Unless he is absolutely sure one of the Kontovaran wizards did it, he would have to hold his hand on that spell.
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:27 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Zakharra wrote:If the Purple lords have their own mages/spell casters and one or more of the attack Leeana, I seriously doubt Wencit would burn Kontovar and Southfassa(?) to ash. Unless he is absolutely sure one of the Kontovaran wizards did it, he would have to hold his hand on that spell.

Unless of course, he determined that the Kontovarans had suggested to the Purple Lords wizards that attacking Leeana was a good idea. He might well then destroy both Kontovar and Bortalik
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by Zakharra   » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:48 am

Zakharra
Captain of the List

Posts: 619
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Zakharra wrote:If the Purple lords have their own mages/spell casters and one or more of the attack Leeana, I seriously doubt Wencit would burn Kontovar and Southfassa(?) to ash. Unless he is absolutely sure one of the Kontovaran wizards did it, he would have to hold his hand on that spell.

Unless of course, he determined that the Kontovarans had suggested to the Purple Lords wizards that attacking Leeana was a good idea. He might well then destroy both Kontovar and Bortalik



In that case he just might as well pull the trigger now (so to speak). Corruption aside, if the Purple Lords have their own spell casters, then Leena is going to come under some sort of spell assault, as well as physical assault if she is seen as an enemy of the PLs. They have lost their trade monopoly and aren't going to be happy.
Top
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:25 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Posts: 2292
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Location: East Central Illinois

I suspect that the Kontovarans will assume that any magical attack on her will provoke an attack on them and will make sure that the Purple Lords refrain from attacking Leeana.

Wencit has a reputation for "meaning what he says" while I understand what you're saying I don't think the Kontovarans will risk allowing the Purple Lords to attack Leeana.

This isn't just about "what's the moral thing for Wencit to do", it's about the Kontovarans worrying about "paying the price for somebody else's actions".


Zakharra wrote:If the Purple lords have their own mages/spell casters and one or more of the attack Leeana, I seriously doubt Wencit would burn Kontovar and Southfassa(?) to ash. Unless he is absolutely sure one of the Kontovaran wizards did it, he would have to hold his hand on that spell.
*
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
*
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
*
Top

Return to War God