Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Blurb for Sword of the South

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Blurb for Sword of the South
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:30 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

As this as been referenced else where in this forum, I thought I would post Amazon's blurb for SotS.

#1 in a NEW EPIC FANTASY SERIES by 28-times New York Times and international best seller David Weber, set within his Bahzell Bahnakson/War God universe. A swordsman who has been robbed of his past must confront an evil wizard with a world at stake.

Know thyself. Its always good to know who you are, but sometimes thats a little difficult.

Kenhodan has no last name, because he has no past . . . or not one he remembers, anyway. What he does have are a lot of scars and a lot of skills some exhilarating and some terrifying and a purpose. Now if he only knew where he'd gotten them and what that purpose was . . . .

Wencit of Rm, the most powerful wizard in the world, knows the answers to Kenhodan's questions, but he can't or won't share them with him. Except to inform him that he's a critical part of Wencit's millennium-long battle to protect Norfressa from conquest by dark sorcery.

Bahzell Bahnakson, champion of Tomank, doesnt know those answers and the War God isn't sharing them with him. Except to inform Bahzell that the final confrontation with the Dark Lords of fallen Kontovar is about to begin, and that somehow Kenhodan is one of the keys to its final outcome.

Wulfra of Torfo doesn't know those answers, either, but she does know Wencit of Rm is her implacable foe and that somehow Kenhodan is one of the weapons he intends to use against her . . . assuming she can't kill both of them first.

But in the far northern port city of Belhadan, an eleven-year-old girl with a heart of harp music knows the answers to all of Kenhodan's questions. . . and dares not share them with anyone, even the ancient wild wizard who loves her more dearly than life itself.

It's not easy to face the future when you can't even remember your own past, but if saving an entire world from evil sorcerers, demons, devils, and dark gods was easy, anyone could do it.

The cover can be found there as well.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Blurb for Sword of the South
Post by Son_of_Sith   » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Son_of_Sith
Midshipman

It seems that the date given for the release of SotS is August 4th, 2015 according to Amazon. How exciting.
Post by FriarBob   » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:11 pm

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

Son_of_Sith wrote:It seems that the date given for the release of SotS is August 4th, 2015 according to Amazon. How exciting.

Especially since it's Baen and we can *probably* enjoy the "normal" / extremely-spoiled relationship between Weber and his readers (thanks to the eARC)... possibly even in April/May?
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:00 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

FriarBob wrote:
Son_of_Sith wrote:It seems that the date given for the release of SotS is August 4th, 2015 according to Amazon. How exciting.

Especially since it's Baen and we can *probably* enjoy the "normal" / extremely-spoiled relationship between Weber and his readers (thanks to the eARC)... possibly even in April/May?

The first half should be available via the monthly bundle in either mid May or mid June - I don't know how the eARCs work - whether the entire story is available when the first half is in the bundle, or what. Since I always buy the bundle, I don't particularly care.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by cralkhi   » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:48 am

cralkhi
Captain of the List

Is that Amazon date real though? Sometimes they have placeholders...
Post by ericth   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:37 pm

ericth
Commander

And all this time I thought Sword Brother was a one-off!
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:00 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

ericth wrote:And all this time I thought Sword Brother was a one-off!

I'm not sure what you mean by a one-off. There are three novels, and the short story Sword Brother written to be included with the trade paper re-issue of Oath of Swords.
========================

Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:39 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

I think Eric is thinking "one-off" in that the "our world" characters appearing in "Sword Brother" would not be appearing in the "main" Bahzell novels.

fallsfromtrees wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by a one-off. There are three novels, and the short story Sword Brother written to be included with the trade paper re-issue of Oath of Swords.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:07 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

DrakBibliophile wrote:I think Eric is thinking "one-off" in that the "our world" characters appearing in "Sword Brother" would not be appearing in the "main" Bahzell novels.

fallsfromtrees wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by a one-off. There are three novels, and the short story Sword Brother written to be included with the trade paper re-issue of Oath of Swords.

Okay. Of course we don't know that it wasn't a one-off at this point. All we really have is a similarity in names and appearances, and I wouldn't put it past MWW to have done that deliberately to confuse the troops when he started to snippet.
========================

Post by dan92677   » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:01 pm

dan92677
Commander

Don't forget the 11-year old girl (and what she knows). She wasn't in Sword Brothers! And...Why doesn't she dare to even share the answers with Wenct?

Return to War God