Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

SotS Snippet 1 [was The new Norfressa book]

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: The new Norfressa book
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:49 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Book series you are a part of seem to go on for a few decades more than planned, don't they..... :D

Not that we're complaining.

Looking forward to the next Norfressa book DW, and I hope you enjoy Honorcon when you go. :)

runsforcelery wrote:

I'm planning on five, and unlike the situation with Honor, I have fairly firmly assigned various parts of the story arc to specific volumes for this one. In the case of the Honorverse, I had the endpoints of the storyline in mind that only a very rough estimate of the number of books it would take to accomplish the story. So the situation is a bit different in this case.

None of which means that it couldn't possibly slip out of control and run to more volumes. I just don't think that's going to happen this time around. But what do I know? :? :lol:
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by biochem   » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:17 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

I LOVE IT!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Post by csantana183   » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:11 am

csantana183
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

AWESOME! Looking forward to more books in this series.

One tinsy bitsy question whoever...do we finally get to know a little more of Brandark and what god he will follow?

No details needed just a yes or no would do. What can I say I identify myself in him and kinda feel hes been a little sideline lately.
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:54 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

csantana183 wrote:AWESOME! Looking forward to more books in this series.

One tinsy bitsy question whoever...do we finally get to know a little more of Brandark and what god he will follow?

No details needed just a yes or no would do. What can I say I identify myself in him and kinda feel hes been a little sideline lately.

Yes. Though I'm not sure there will be an opportunity in this novel to show exactly how he makes that discovery. This series is set some years after War Maid's Choice, at which point that relationship is well established. I'd been planning to do that story in a novella for a "Worlds of Norfressa" style collection (like the novella "Sword Brother" in the back of the trade paperback of Oath of Swords), but the scheduling on that project didn't quite work out. We'll have to see how everything fits together this time around.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by hvb   » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:27 pm

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

"I think the lay of Bahzell Bloody-Hand should be completed!"

... has ended my sig on the bar for well over a decade by now.

So I think you can safely count me as sharing the sentiment. :mrgreen:

csantana183 wrote:AWESOME! Looking forward to more books in this series.
[snip]
Post by nannybwl   » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:56 pm

nannybwl
Midshipman

I feel like I have been waiting for ever for the next War Gods book. Please tell me it's coming relatively soon. I'm tired of rereading the ones (and I have them all) I have.
Post by Invictus   » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 am

Invictus
Commander

nannybwl wrote:I feel like I have been waiting for ever for the next War Gods book. Please tell me it's coming relatively soon. I'm tired of rereading the ones (and I have them all) I have.

Tired of rereading... WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS? :lol:

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Post by iranuke   » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:41 pm

iranuke
Commander

Invictus wrote:
nannybwl wrote:I feel like I have been waiting for ever for the next War Gods book. Please tell me it's coming relatively soon. I'm tired of rereading the ones (and I have them all) I have.

Tired of rereading... WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS? :lol:

When you have re-read the book enough that you have them memorized, its time for a new book in the series.
Post by dan92677   » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:35 pm

dan92677
Commander

I to have read and reread the series multiple times, and I now can recall almost word for word sections from most of them... Still waiting though....
Post by Oline   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:39 am

Oline
Midshipman

I for one would not mind if the series runs longer than 5 books. I still want to know which God is Brandark's and I want to know other things as yet explained as well.
I wasn't able to get into the Honor books all that well but I fell in love with the books about Bazell. Thus far I have owned at least 3 copies of the original book as I read the first copy over 20 times and in fact read it at least 5 times within the first week of owning it. When I moved from Florida to Australia the first 3 books were among the 5 books I brought with me. And they are still books I find myself able to reread continuously.

Return to War God