Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Leeana a Wizard?

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Leeana a Wizard?
Post by Tail Twitcher   » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Tail Twitcher
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Possible, seeing as I'm thinking she is a direct decendant of Wencit.

He seems to be very protective of his 'grand-daughter'.
Post by AClone   » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:48 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

Tail Twitcher wrote:Possible, seeing as I'm thinking she is a direct decendant of Wencit.

To be honest, I would have guessed "mother".
Post by MWadwell   » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:37 pm

MWadwell
Captain (Junior Grade)

looksbeforeheleaps wrote:On the other hand, almost as soon as he got back from chasing Leanna to Kalatha, Baron Tellian started the process of formally adopting his nephew Trianal as his heir. That adoption is several years old by the time Leanna and Bahzell marry. So it is unlikely anyone is going to revisit her chil's (or childrens') right to inherit unless Trianal dies before he has sired any heirs.

One point - this all happened ~90 years in the past.

If Baron Tellian's titles hadn't passed down through nephew Trianal, we would have known about it by now......

Later,
Matt
Post by AClone   » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:11 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

MWadwell wrote:
One point - this all happened ~90 years in the past.

If Baron Tellian's titles hadn't passed down through nephew Trianal, we would have known about it by now......

Of course, there are all sorts of things that were happening on the Wind Plain that I'd like to "know about by now"....
Post by SYED   » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:01 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

Imagine if her daughter is a wild mage. Her crisis was so powerful and early, should reflect her own power will be great and abilities numerous.
The crown was mentioned earlier on this thread, what would happen if a mage put it on, say a wild mage? Mages can sense traces of worked magics, the crown detects active use. The stones and wand likely carry traces of the magic they allowed to happen.

is there a list of mage abilities?
Post by Tail Twitcher   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:35 am

Tail Twitcher
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

AClone wrote:
Tail Twitcher wrote:Possible, seeing as I'm thinking she is a direct decendant of Wencit.

To be honest, I would have guessed "mother".

Hmm interesting idea; the paradonx that entails though seems enough to give me a headache.

Of course, the fact that gods don't see time really, it all happens at once, makes it plausable, but I can't say I like it.
Post by dwileye13   » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:56 am

dwileye13
Captain of the List

Wild Speculation of the Spoiler Kind - from rereading SoS

Leeana is a Wild Mage. which may be indisguishable from Wild Wizard. Age Control (her newest talent) may be how Wensit is Thousands of years old. As was said, "She has everything".

I think that with her genetic connection to the Aristocracy of Kontovar blended with the Hradani connection to the wild magic has made her the most powerful individual born since Wensit. Wensit may consider her his replacement

To double Down on speculation could Wensit be born of a Human male and a Hradani female? Ya know - the sans big ear kind and that is how he is a wild wizard??
I am not young enough to know everything!
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:17 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

dwileye13 wrote:Wild Speculation of the Spoiler Kind - from rereading SoS

Leeana is a Wild Mage. which may be indisguishable from Wild Wizard. Age Control (her newest talent) may be how Wensit is Thousands of years old. As was said, "She has everything".

I think that with her genetic connection to the Aristocracy of Kontovar blended with the Hradani connection to the wild magic has made her the most powerful individual born since Wensit. Wensit may consider her his replacement

To double Down on speculation could Wensit be born of a Human male and a Hradani female? Ya know - the sans big ear kind and that is how he is a wild wizard??

Except that there is textev of wild wizards from before the Fall, and no textev that they were Human/hradani crosses.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to War God