Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Next book after War Maids Choice

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by Charles83   » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Charles83
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Well if you look at the news from RFC himself he is ready to start the pentalogy that he wanted to write about bahzell and his editor at last is on board.

So yeah NEW BOOKS.
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by dan92677   » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:34 pm

dan92677
Commander

Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 pm
Location: Southern California

Would that mean that the next book (1st of 5)picks up from the end of War Maids Choice?
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 6351
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Colorado

dan92677 wrote:Would that mean that the next book (1st of 5)picks up from the end of War Maids Choice?


Likely some time will have passed before the Magnum Opus begins. Certain principal issues have to....mature.
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by dan92677   » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:30 am

dan92677
Commander

Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 pm
Location: Southern California

PeterZ wrote:
dan92677 wrote:Would that mean that the next book (1st of 5)picks up from the end of War Maids Choice?


Likely some time will have passed before the Magnum Opus begins. Certain principal issues have to....mature.


I appreciate that... I would still hope that there may be one or two 'bridge' books while that is going on... before the 'Magnum Opus' is written.
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:20 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 6351
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Colorado

dan92677 wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Likely some time will have passed before the Magnum Opus begins. Certain principal issues have to....mature.


I appreciate that... I would still hope that there may be one or two 'bridge' books while that is going on... before the 'Magnum Opus' is written.


I doubt there will be other books before the magnum opus resumes. He could start writing this within the year (I hope!). No, more likely the stories from the interim period might be addressed in short stories not in novels. The scope of events has paused after WMC as the Dark has to catch its breath.

After all, Canadosa and Krashnark have both lost key players in this book. Only Phrobos and his eldest haven't lost directly against Bahzell et al in the past 7 years. The Dark needs to recoup their lost resources before they launch another attack. The most obvious way is to let the Derm canal suck the wealth out of the Purple Lords' coffers. A decade or two of that and those half-elves will gladly sell their souls to the Dark to recoup their lost prestige and wealth.
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by Charybdis   » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:09 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:53 am
Location: Gulf Coast Florida USA

PeterZ wrote:
dan92677 wrote:Would that mean that the next book (1st of 5)picks up from the end of War Maids Choice?


Likely some time will have passed before the Magnum Opus begins. Certain principal issues have to....mature.

Sticking my oar in here, I think that we are seeing echoes of EE Smith's Lensman series with the bad guys having much of their own way while the good guy take generations to breed the opposition that can win the war, not just battles.

So will it be one child or ? Doc Smith had the paternalistic view and had the eldest as a male and two sets of female twin sisters (Children of the Lens).
-----

What say you, my peers?
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by yanessa   » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 am

yanessa
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:06 am

justdave wrote:
valcour wrote:*Sigh*

He has been around 4 years apart on the last three books.


IIRC the MWW has said there's a couple more Bazell books and then he can get the to 5 book series set in this universe he really wants to write

please fasten your seat belts and bring your tray tables to their locked position!


I dearly hope he can fit in his tight schedule ... :mrgreen:
"Audemus ius nostra defendere"
(We dare defend our rights)
672nd Renegade Pursuit Wing (Minerva)
"Witches of Defiance"
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by Mydnight   » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Mydnight
Midshipman

Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:29 pm

biochem wrote:
Very interesting hypothesis. Especially since it has been stated repeatedly that the Sothiri are descended from wizards and that even today there are many untrained wizards among them including Leena's mother.


My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

Just as an aside...remember in War God's Own, in the tunnel scene, where Wencit states the time travel is a one way trip? Leaving aside any powers the sword has, what if...Wencit is the child of Leena and Bahzell, who has traveled back to before the Fall? Just a thought that struck me upside the head...
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by KNick   » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:58 pm

KNick
Admiral

Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Billings, MT, USA

Mydnight wrote:My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

Just as an aside...remember in War God's Own, in the tunnel scene, where Wencit states the time travel is a one way trip? Leaving aside any powers the sword has, what if...Wencit is the child of Leena and Bahzell, who has traveled back to before the Fall? Just a thought that struck me upside the head...


Welcome to the forums. This is an idea that I don't remember being discussed yet. Perhaps we will get some more opinions. Enjoy yourself.
_


Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Top
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:36 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 6351
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Colorado

The bit about Wencit was bruited about often. Not sure whether that is on this forum or the Bar.

KNick wrote:
Mydnight wrote:My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

Just as an aside...remember in War God's Own, in the tunnel scene, where Wencit states the time travel is a one way trip? Leaving aside any powers the sword has, what if...Wencit is the child of Leena and Bahzell, who has traveled back to before the Fall? Just a thought that struck me upside the head...


Welcome to the forums. This is an idea that I don't remember being discussed yet. Perhaps we will get some more opinions. Enjoy yourself.
Top

Return to War God