Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Next book after War Maids Choice

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by james99   » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:07 pm

james99
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I have the impression that is more than one "wild wizard". Wencit may be the most powerful and the oldest but there seem to be others. Don't forget, there are 17 of Tomanak Champions and and Isvarias Axes and other Arms etc.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:14 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Mydnight wrote:My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

Just as an aside...remember in War God's Own, in the tunnel scene, where Wencit states the time travel is a one way trip? Leaving aside any powers the sword has, what if...Wencit is the child of Leena and Bahzell, who has traveled back to before the Fall? Just a thought that struck me upside the head...
KNick wrote:Welcome to the forums. This is an idea that I don't remember being discussed yet. Perhaps we will get some more opinions. Enjoy yourself.
PeterZ wrote:The bit about Wencit was bruited about often. Not sure whether that is on this forum or the Bar.

I think that it was an idea that I came up with.
I posted it in this thread but it was somewhat debunked.

Hope this helps.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Eagleeye   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:42 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Only as an info - next Bahzell-book (1st in his Opus Magnum, named "Sword of the South") is available for preorder now at Amazon
Post by feyhunde   » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:39 am

feyhunde
Lieutenant Commander

Mydnight wrote:
biochem wrote:
Very interesting hypothesis. Especially since it has been stated repeatedly that the Sothiri are descended from wizards and that even today there are many untrained wizards among them including Leena's mother.

My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

Just as an aside...remember in War God's Own, in the tunnel scene, where Wencit states the time travel is a one way trip? Leaving aside any powers the sword has, what if...Wencit is the child of Leena and Bahzell, who has traveled back to before the Fall? Just a thought that struck me upside the head...

Leena is noble of the Sothoii, with links to Ottovar nobility. Nobility in the old empire was linked with Wizardry. We've seen other Sothoii have gifts associated with wizardry, but they share the same gene pool.
Post by biochem   » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:43 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:Only as an info - next Bahzell-book (1st in his Opus Magnum, named "Sword of the South") is available for preorder now at Amazon

Since it's so soon, hopefully we'll get some more snippets.
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

snippets now have arrived - exciting times!
Post by tootall   » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:51 pm

tootall
Captain (Junior Grade)

Sooooo, if this one is SotS,
the next one could be Drunks, :shock:
followed by TARTS, (There could be a Sharlyan character) :lol:
Post by Tigertina   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:25 am

Tigertina
Ensign

Mydnight wrote:
biochem wrote:
Very interesting hypothesis. Especially since it has been stated repeatedly that the Sothiri are descended from wizards and that even today there are many untrained wizards among them including Leena's mother.

My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

About Hanatha:
In Wind Riders Oath, Leeana says to Kaeritha that her mother always seemed to know when she was up to something as achild.
And Leeana herself knew, and felt it, when Moonlight (Hanathas horse) fell and rolled on top of her mother.

Might not be wizardry, maybe it's mage-talents. Only a certain author knows ;)
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:52 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
Mydnight wrote:My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

KNick wrote:Welcome to the forums. This is an idea that I don't remember being discussed yet. Perhaps we will get some more opinions. Enjoy yourself.
PeterZ wrote:The bit about Wencit was bruited about often. Not sure whether that is on this forum or the Bar.

I think that it was an idea that I came up with.
I posted it in this thread but it was somewhat debunked.

Hope this helps.

And so far at least, the only child of Bahzell and Leeana we know of is female - hardly possible to be Wencit, unless she had a radical sex change operation.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:12 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Unlikely IMO to be mage-talents as those are valued and checked for.

Still I'll admit that we know of one case of mage-talents only being noticed in adulthood.

Tigertina wrote:
Mydnight wrote:

About Hanatha:
In Wind Riders Oath, Leeana says to Kaeritha that her mother always seemed to know when she was up to something as achild.
And Leeana herself knew, and felt it, when Moonlight (Hanathas horse) fell and rolled on top of her mother.

Might not be wizardry, maybe it's mage-talents. Only a certain author knows ;)
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]

Return to War God