Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Next book after War Maids Choice

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Next book after War Maids Choice
Post by Charles83   » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Charles83
Rear Admiral

Well if you look at the news from RFC himself he is ready to start the pentalogy that he wanted to write about bahzell and his editor at last is on board.

So yeah NEW BOOKS.
Post by dan92677   » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:34 pm

dan92677
Commander

Would that mean that the next book (1st of 5)picks up from the end of War Maids Choice?
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:32 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

dan92677 wrote:Would that mean that the next book (1st of 5)picks up from the end of War Maids Choice?

Likely some time will have passed before the Magnum Opus begins. Certain principal issues have to....mature.
Post by dan92677   » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:30 am

dan92677
Commander

PeterZ wrote:
dan92677 wrote:Would that mean that the next book (1st of 5)picks up from the end of War Maids Choice?

Likely some time will have passed before the Magnum Opus begins. Certain principal issues have to....mature.

I appreciate that... I would still hope that there may be one or two 'bridge' books while that is going on... before the 'Magnum Opus' is written.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:20 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

dan92677 wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Likely some time will have passed before the Magnum Opus begins. Certain principal issues have to....mature.

I appreciate that... I would still hope that there may be one or two 'bridge' books while that is going on... before the 'Magnum Opus' is written.

I doubt there will be other books before the magnum opus resumes. He could start writing this within the year (I hope!). No, more likely the stories from the interim period might be addressed in short stories not in novels. The scope of events has paused after WMC as the Dark has to catch its breath.

After all, Canadosa and Krashnark have both lost key players in this book. Only Phrobos and his eldest haven't lost directly against Bahzell et al in the past 7 years. The Dark needs to recoup their lost resources before they launch another attack. The most obvious way is to let the Derm canal suck the wealth out of the Purple Lords' coffers. A decade or two of that and those half-elves will gladly sell their souls to the Dark to recoup their lost prestige and wealth.
Post by Charybdis   » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:09 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

PeterZ wrote:

Sticking my oar in here, I think that we are seeing echoes of EE Smith's Lensman series with the bad guys having much of their own way while the good guy take generations to breed the opposition that can win the war, not just battles.

So will it be one child or ? Doc Smith had the paternalistic view and had the eldest as a male and two sets of female twin sisters (Children of the Lens).
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by yanessa   » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:33 am

yanessa
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

justdave wrote:
valcour wrote:*Sigh*

He has been around 4 years apart on the last three books.

IIRC the MWW has said there's a couple more Bazell books and then he can get the to 5 book series set in this universe he really wants to write

please fasten your seat belts and bring your tray tables to their locked position!

I dearly hope he can fit in his tight schedule ... :mrgreen:
"Audemus ius nostra defendere"
(We dare defend our rights)
672nd Renegade Pursuit Wing (Minerva)
"Witches of Defiance"
Post by Mydnight   » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Mydnight
Midshipman

biochem wrote:
Very interesting hypothesis. Especially since it has been stated repeatedly that the Sothiri are descended from wizards and that even today there are many untrained wizards among them including Leena's mother.

My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

Just as an aside...remember in War God's Own, in the tunnel scene, where Wencit states the time travel is a one way trip? Leaving aside any powers the sword has, what if...Wencit is the child of Leena and Bahzell, who has traveled back to before the Fall? Just a thought that struck me upside the head...
Post by KNick   » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:58 pm

KNick
Admiral

Mydnight wrote:My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

Just as an aside...remember in War God's Own, in the tunnel scene, where Wencit states the time travel is a one way trip? Leaving aside any powers the sword has, what if...Wencit is the child of Leena and Bahzell, who has traveled back to before the Fall? Just a thought that struck me upside the head...

Welcome to the forums. This is an idea that I don't remember being discussed yet. Perhaps we will get some more opinions. Enjoy yourself.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:36 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

The bit about Wencit was bruited about often. Not sure whether that is on this forum or the Bar.

KNick wrote:
Mydnight wrote:My question is where in the Whitesaddle line, or Leena's mother, was mentioned wizardry? i must have missed that line in any of the four main books or the one novella. Mycha was the one who was a latent in WMC, not Hanatha.

Welcome to the forums. This is an idea that I don't remember being discussed yet. Perhaps we will get some more opinions. Enjoy yourself.

Return to War God