Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Spoiler. The ending is too much of a Deus ex Machina!

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Spoiler. The ending is too much of a Deus ex Machina!
Post by Polyglot   » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Polyglot
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

biochem wrote:
I've just finished War Maid's choice, and in my opinion Wencit has Got To Go. I seldom call a character a Mary Sue, but I'm prepared to make an exception in this case, and if Kontovar is ever to be legitimate threat to Norfressa, Wencit has to die.

It could actually happen. Wencit has mentioned several times that while Wild Wizards live a very very long time they are not immortal and will die eventually. Wencit was on the council of White before the fall of Kontovar. Since a wizard's power (or at least their ability to use it in the most effective fashion) seems to increase with experience, it seems logical that the wizards on the council were several centuries old at the minimum. Added to the 1200 years since Kontovar fell, this puts Wencit close to 2000 years old. He could be getting toward the end of his natural lifespan. There are some hints that he could be grooming a replacement. Brandark, Leena, or Leena's baby seem to be candidates for this. So perhaps Wencit will die of old age. There is a LOT that could be done with the fallout from that in a future book.

The wise old man with a white beard and/or funny hat always dies... ;)
Post by Greyman   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:05 am

Greyman
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Polyglot wrote:The wise old man with a white beard and/or funny hat always dies... ;)
Sometimes twice even.
Post by biochem   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:14 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Greyman wrote:
Polyglot wrote:The wise old man with a white beard and/or funny hat always dies... ;)
Sometimes twice even.

:lol:

Return to War God