Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Norfressa in Roleplaying Games

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Norfressa in Roleplaying Games
Post by Donnachaidh   » Thu May 03, 2012 1:38 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

Has anyone converted Norfressa and the War God races/gods into an rpg? It always seemed like it'd be kind of a fun place to play in.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu May 03, 2012 3:32 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Donnachaidh wrote:Has anyone converted Norfressa and the War God races/gods into an rpg? It always seemed like it'd be kind of a fun place to play in.

...It's probably the other way round. The War God series has been described as Weber's own "Dungeons and Dragons" world. Although that description is fairly accurate, it has been noted that the standard Medievel Stasis is being averted in this series, mainly due to the efforts of the Dwarfs.

If you want info that may prove useful (or is just fun to read), then check out this page of TVTropes. Be prepared to lose several hours, though...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Re: Norfressa in Roleplaying Games
Post by Donnachaidh   » Thu May 03, 2012 3:45 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

I guessed that from things he said that he used to rung Dungeons and Dragons games and this was a world he ran games in. I kinda want to do that XD

Michael Everett wrote:...It's probably the other way round. The War God series has been described as Weber's own "Dungeons and Dragons" world. Although that description is fairly accurate, it has been noted that the standard Medievel Stasis is being averted in this series, mainly due to the efforts of the Dwarfs.

If you want info that may prove useful (or is just fun to read), then check out this page of TVTropes. Be prepared to lose several hours, though...
Post by shogun37   » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm

shogun37
Midshipman

I would think that GURPS would be a good way to emulate the books. A good, indepth reading and just the basic rulebook should be all that is needed. Having said that, I wouldn't care to step on Mr. Weber's toes by doing such a thing by posting on the net, but I imagine that himself and STG could come to a profitable agreement, if it was done right.
A few more thoughts on the subject...Using 3.5 or Pathfinder, give the half giants Rage in place of the stomp ability, and you're halfway there. A few racial levels to convert the dark rage to the better version, and that should be all that is needed. The rest, I leave as a exercise for the student.

Return to War God