Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Ansharak's origins.

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Ansharak's origins.
Post by ericth   » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:18 pm

ericth
Commander

It is pretty clear that Bahzell and Walsharno's racial links to the magic field is what enables them to have such powerful attacks. It got me thinking about why Anshakar was so powerful.

He is described as resembling a monstrously large parody of a Hradani and his power was similar enough to B&W's for him to sense what they did. It makes me wonder if originally he was his universe's equivalent of a Hradani before he got upgraded to a devil.
Re: Ansharak's origins.
Post by FriarBob   » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:28 pm

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

ericth wrote:It is pretty clear that Bahzell and Walsharno's racial links to the magic field is what enables them to have such powerful attacks. It got me thinking about why Anshakar was so powerful.

He is described as resembling a monstrously large parody of a Hradani and his power was similar enough to B&W's for him to sense what they did. It makes me wonder if originally he was his universe's equivalent of a Hradani before he got upgraded to a devil.

"Upgraded"??? Changed, sure, but Bahzell survived and he did not. Plus upgraded, especially in the computer sense, has a positive connotation and I don't consider willing surrender to evil to be a positive thing.

Other than that fairly minor quibble, I think your theory was the clear implication.
Re: Ansharak's origins.
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:02 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

A reminder.

This should be labeled as a spoiler topic.

Took me a couple of views to realize it.

Oops,
T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"

Return to War God