Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

COnsequences of the Canal

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: COnsequences of the Canal
Post by SYED   » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

The canal will lead to better roads leading from it. The canal will aid traders from the empire of the axe and the dwarven mountains to trade more. So they might encourage and help with the creation of better roads. maybe not the super roads in the empire but at least something better than a mud tract.
Post by smr   » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Could the Martag Island halfings have wild wash hrandini about the news from Bazhell? (Please excuse all my mistakes)
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:59 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

smr wrote:Could the Martag Island halfings have wild wash hrandini about the news from Bazhell? (Please excuse all my mistakes)

Since no-one else seems to have followed my train of (possibly pseudo-)logic, I will spell it out.

Kaeritha did not appear in the most War Maid's Choice. If she'd been around, it is most likely that Bahzell would only have had to deal with one demon.

In Oath of Swords, Tomonak said his order was open to all Hradani, wether Horse Stealer, Bloody Sword, Broken Bone or Wild Wash.

Kaeritha has experience in dealing with Hradani (and can hold her own against them in a fight if need be). She also seems to have a soft spot for Hradani.

Bahzell has had his work cut out for him in keeping the peace between the Hradani and the Sothoii.

Conclusion :- It is very likely that Kaeritha travelled to the Broken Bone and Wild Wash Hradani to spread the news about the White Rage, thus freeing up Bahzell to continue pounding the notion of peace into the rock-like skulls of the Hradani and Sothoii.

If anyone can come up with a better theory taking into account the above points, please post it.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by kalenath   » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:17 am

kalenath
Midshipman

Michael Everett wrote:
smr wrote:Could the Martag Island halfings have wild wash hrandini about the news from Bazhell? (Please excuse all my mistakes)

Since no-one else seems to have followed my train of (possibly pseudo-)logic, I will spell it out.

Kaeritha did not appear in the most War Maid's Choice. If she'd been around, it is most likely that Bahzell would only have had to deal with one demon.

In Oath of Swords, Tomonak said his order was open to all Hradani, wether Horse Stealer, Bloody Sword, Broken Bone or Wild Wash.

Kaeritha has experience in dealing with Hradani (and can hold her own against them in a fight if need be). She also seems to have a soft spot for Hradani.

Bahzell has had his work cut out for him in keeping the peace between the Hradani and the Sothoii.

Conclusion :- It is very likely that Kaeritha travelled to the Broken Bone and Wild Wash Hradani to spread the news about the White Rage, thus freeing up Bahzell to continue pounding the notion of peace into the rock-like skulls of the Hradani and Sothoii.

If anyone can come up with a better theory taking into account the above points, please post it.

And how could she get there VERY quickly? Maybe on a certain ship captained by a certain crazy Marfang Island halfling?

Riding would have taken a long time and been very dangerous, even for a champion. But she COULD get to Belhaden where we know Marfang ships call.
Post by BrightSoul   » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:51 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

I like that term you came up with, White Rage. Perfect fit for what was once a curse and it parallels wizardry in an elegant way. White Rage to ward and protect those who follow the strictures of Ottovar and the Rage for those who are still slaves of the Black wizards of Carnadossa.
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:09 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

BrightSoul wrote:I like that term you came up with, White Rage. Perfect fit for what was once a curse and it parallels wizardry in an elegant way. White Rage to ward and protect those who follow the strictures of Ottovar and the Rage for those who are still slaves of the Black wizards of Carnadossa.

Thanks, but it wasn't me who came up with it. It was the Mad Wizard (No, not Wencit...)
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by AClone   » Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

All right, I had a thought. RFC has conformed that it isn't impossible to prune back the ghouls. Having just read through the infodumps a tangential notion occurred to me. If during the last Wizard Wars, a group of "Bad Guys" wanted to hide a certain artifact where Wencit of Rum wouldn't find it, where better than in the midst of a bunch of trolls or ghouls? After all, we have seen that Carnodassans can travel through their lands with impunity.
Post by Wodan   » Thu May 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Wodan
Captain (Junior Grade)

Why didn't previous pruning work? Because nobody moved in and settled there. If there's a vacuum, then somebody is going to come in, if not ghouls (who breed quickly) then something else.

Is it also possible there's another reason (such as some artifact)? Well, sure. But there's no conclusive evidence. Simply the fact that nobody else settled there was enough to bring the ghouls back.
Post by AClone   » Thu May 10, 2012 8:21 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

Wodan wrote:Why didn't previous pruning work? Because nobody moved in and settled there. If there's a vacuum, then somebody is going to come in, if not ghouls (who breed quickly) then something else.

Is it also possible there's another reason (such as some artifact)? Well, sure. But there's no conclusive evidence. Simply the fact that nobody else settled there was enough to bring the ghouls back.

Makes sense to me. And I'm sure that at some point there will be a concerted effort to clear them all out--ghouls and trolls, when people want the river frontage that the canal/increased river traffic makes much more valuable.
Post by Castenea   » Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Castenea
Captain of the List

AClone wrote:
Wodan wrote:Why didn't previous pruning work? Because nobody moved in and settled there. If there's a vacuum, then somebody is going to come in, if not ghouls (who breed quickly) then something else.

Makes sense to me. And I'm sure that at some point there will be a concerted effort to clear them all out--ghouls and trolls, when people want the river frontage that the canal/increased river traffic makes much more valuable.

Upon re-reading Oath of Swords, I noticed that it was indicated that there is extensive unclaimed/underutilized lands within the northern Hradani princedoms. As the Hradani are the closest to the ghoul moor they are unlikely to be interested in settling in that area without powerful incentives until easier to claim and work lands are filled.

Return to War God