Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

MASSIVE SPOILER: Weber, you clever, clever *******

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: MASSIVE SPOILER: Weber, you clever, clever *******
Post by wrlee1966   » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:31 am

wrlee1966
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

The Gods can not see the future precisely because of how they see it. the see all possible outcomes at once. Wencit may not see it that way. But also you have to look at the plan. Bazell was the first part of it. He had to become a Champion and in doing so he learned about the rage. but in away he already knew but he had not realized it had changed. then the next part of the plan he became a wind rider. And his bond with his wind brother who taps into the energy the same way Bazell can makes them even stronger. Now they both can also some how not yet explained tap into the vast energy of a wild wizard. But it is not yet clear if he can do it on his own or not. I agree that there will be a child. And I agree that child will be very important but I do not think it will be wencit who will then go back into time. I think he may be the next white wizard who may either replace wencit or together with him help secure Norfressa once and for all. But we will have to see.
Post by Thirdbase   » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:35 am

Thirdbase
Admiral

Now imagine a wild wizard with the power of the Rage behind him.
------------
runsforcelery wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:I think that was the next novel.

Allow me to demonstrate my concision, brevity, and economy of phrase:

"Smart alec!" ;p
Post by LeoX   » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 pm

LeoX
Midshipman

I think that Wencit does perceive possible futures better than any other "mortal". He may even be able to use his powers to view the past...not time travel, but still very useful potentially.

However, Wencit has insisted that while he has lived for centuries he is not immortal. I think it is more likely that he foresees (or hopes) that one of Leeana / Bahzell's children will actually be a wild wizard -- and someone that he can pass his knowledge to so he can finally "let go"...
Post by HungryKing   » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 pm

HungryKing
Captain (Junior Grade)

Actually Wencit has said that he does not know the spells that were used to scry the past by the only person we know scried the past. Only that every other wizard who had the chance to examine the findings agreed to their veracity. Of course he could have developed his own.

LeoX wrote:I think that Wencit does perceive possible futures better than any other "mortal". He may even be able to use his powers to view the past...not time travel, but still very useful potentially.

However, Wencit has insisted that while he has lived for centuries he is not immortal. I think it is more likely that he foresees (or hopes) that one of Leeana / Bahzell's children will actually be a wild wizard -- and someone that he can pass his knowledge to so he can finally "let go"...

Return to War God