Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

War Maid's Choice EARC

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: War Maid's Choice EARC
Post by sawa   » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 am

sawa
Lieutenant Commander

A really great addition to the series. The only thing that is missing is a map. And if it would be a new one, giving more detail to the area cruicial to the book, it would be great. So is there still time to pester, sorry I mean beg, Himself for one?

Gustav wrote:It was a really good book, the best bahzell book so far
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:23 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Sawa, maps & glossaries are sometimes "left out" of EARCs. The map & glossary will likely been in the final version.

sawa wrote:A really great addition to the series. The only thing that is missing is a map. And if it would be a new one, giving more detail to the area cruicial to the book, it would be great. So is there still time to pester, sorry I mean beg, Himself for one?

Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by runsforcelery   » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

DrakBibliophile wrote:Sawa, maps & glossaries are sometimes "left out" of EARCs. The map & glossary will likely been in the final version.

sawa wrote:A really great addition to the series. The only thing that is missing is a map. And if it would be a new one, giving more detail to the area cruicial to the book, it would be great. So is there still time to pester, sorry I mean beg, Himself for one?

There will be a map in the final print version. Promise.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by sawa   » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 am

sawa
Lieutenant Commander

runsforcelery wrote:There will be a map in the final print version. Promise.

If I may be so bold to ask, will it be the one from Wind Rider's Oath, or a new one? One that would show the Derm / Northern Confederatin / Ghoul Moor / Wind Plain area would be ideal, and make the book perfect (Pity about the cover though).
Post by BrightSoul   » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

Kytheros wrote:
puck wrote:TY for the info. I was under the impression that ART wasn't the full book, and it seemed to end rather... abruptly. I stand corrected.

My understanding is that the contents of ART was intended to be the first half of one book, but it got way too long, and so they split it up into two shorter segments, ART and the next book (whatever it winds up being called).

It does not appear to be just the "First Half" it is half of the original story but SoF will occur in parallel to the story in ART. At least that is how it has been presented here several times.
Post by Rod   » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:13 am

Rod
Lieutenant Commander

Tell you the one thing that tickled my fancy!

Bahzell actually has a civil conversation with Tomanāk.

Never thought I'd see that....

Return to War God