Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Next book is listed

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Next book is listed
Post by rafael   » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:44 pm

rafael
Captain of the List

War Maid's choice is the next book for this series and is listed as coming out on July 3rd 2012. Here is the link for that.

http://books.simonandschuster.com/War-M ... 1451638356
Re: Next book is listed
Post by Rook   » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:44 am

Rook
Commander

Excellent! Is there any word on when the eARC will be available?
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Rook wrote:Excellent! Is there any word on when the eARC will be available?

Not Soon Enough

I mean it isn't already available is it. Have to go check Baen's Site. Haven't yet today!

Enjoy,
TTM
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:26 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I thought baen ran eARCs 6 months in advance of the release. That means this month or next.

Anyone have the schedule for the eARC?

thinkstoomuch wrote:

Not Soon Enough

I mean it isn't already available is it. Have to go check Baen's Site. Haven't yet today!

Enjoy,
TTM
Post by FriarBob   » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:41 am

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:I thought baen ran eARCs 6 months in advance of the release. That means this month or next.

Anyone have the schedule for the eARC?

thinkstoomuch wrote:

Not Soon Enough

Enjoy,
TTM

Unfortunately it varies. Which really really sucks. After watching my team play like absolute CRAP last night and lose to a team they should have blown out, I need a pick-me-up.

Pretty pretty please Baen? Can you go on ahead and release the eARC just for me? Call it a humanitarian endeavor to prevent depression or something. :)
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

FriarBob wrote:Pretty pretty please Baen? Can you go on ahead and release the eARC just for me? Call it a humanitarian endeavor to prevent depression or something. :)

Seconded, but can we have a general release?
Please?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by FriarBob   » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:01 pm

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
FriarBob wrote:Pretty pretty please Baen? Can you go on ahead and release the eARC just for me? Call it a humanitarian endeavor to prevent depression or something. :)

Please?

Heh. Oops, guess I did phrase that wrong. I didn't mean a release only TO me. I was just asking for its release as a favor FOR me... :)
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:09 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I assume that you are a GB fan, FB. That's gotta smart. Of course, I was rooting for the Broncos after my Bears fell apart midway through the season. Double ouch, eh?

RFC tends to write his drafts more completely than most authors, so an e-ARC is very possible much earlier than usual. One hopes that Toni's marketing dept doesn't see a Bahzell book as taking away from the heavy dose of honorverse this year. If they do, we might see a late e-ARC. Shudder.

Let's hope it comes soon!

FriarBob wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:

Please?

Heh. Oops, guess I did phrase that wrong. I didn't mean a release only TO me. I was just asking for its release as a favor FOR me... :)
Post by FriarBob   » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:42 am

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

Nope, Aint's fan. (Remember I said last night on Sunday.) And I call them that because they played like that. I still can't believe they were THAT STUPID with the ball on TWO special teams plays. Once was bad enough, but TWICE? Plus the turnover while driving for a potential score by again being sloppy with the ball (admittedly on a vicious hit that really shouldn't be legal)? Every football player in the HISTORY of the game knows if they don't hold onto the ball they won't play. The Saints KNEW the 49ers would never have won even 10 games without their turnovers... yet they didn't apparently remember how CRITICAL it was to avoid giving them away. The only turnovers I'm not really mad about were Drew's INTs, those were just excellent defensive play. But the special teams and the other fumble... GRRRR!!!!

Take just one of those away and we might well have won, or at least tied at the end of regulation. Take two and especially all three and we win by 2 scores. And that's assuming we do NOT score on those drives that didn't happen and only get a FG on the offensive fumble. If we do score more, it's 3+ scores and a comfortable win / near-blowout. (Which I REALLY wanted to see too...)

Now they played like crap and didn't deserve to win. The refs didn't "steal" the game (like the Whinequeen fans claimed in 2009) or other such baloney. Oh I wasn't happy with plenty of their calls, but they still didn't "steal" it. The Saints should and could have won and when it mattered most their defense just flat collapsed. VERY annoying. Worse, the Saints should have KNOWN their defense was gassed after abusing it all day. Jimmy should have taken a knee to make sure the 49ers didn't have time for a comeback instead of scoring so quickly. Maybe he'll learn that before next year. Even worse yet, the Saints were still the better team, but they sure didn't show it. And that's EXTRA frustrating because the 49ers are WAY overdue for a comeuppance at the hands of the Saints after the way they abused my team back in the 80s and early 90s. :(

I wasn't really rooting for the Broncos but I wouldn't have minded if they'd won. Same with the Texans. But they didn't, oh well.

As for GB... well I didn't care. I mean, if the Saints had done what they should have and HELD ONTO THE STUPID BALL they would have hosted the NFCCG against the Giants or played at GB. Either would have been a very tough game but there would have been at least a theoretical chance of victory (and significantly higher at home from the Dome-field-advantage). But losing to "the worst 2nd seed since the Saints in 2006" (as I put it previously) was REALLY annoying. (And I'm still right. I mean, look at the teams who were #2 seeds. 2007 was Packers, pretty good team despite Favre being a gunslinger, 2008 was Panthers, who BEFORE Delhomme's meltdown were a very good team, 2009 was Whinequeens, still a good team (at the time) even if their fans are idiots, 2010 was Bears, again a good team. 49ers had a great defense but a butter-soft schedule and deserved their seed about as much as any team I played for would. Last team more crappy to be #2 was the Saints in 2006, who had NO defense left at all by that point in the season, but still a very good offense. 49ers weren't that one-sided, though it was a bit close until the Saints made Alex Smith LOOK like Aaron Rodgers on that last drive. GRRR!)

OK... enough ranting about football... back to the topic of real importance! :) Yeah I'm sure they COULD release the eARC anytime they want. Maybe they need a week to prepare or something, but I can't really see them needing even that much and definitely not any more. Hopefully Toni is feeling generous. :)

PeterZ wrote:I assume that you are a GB fan, FB. That's gotta smart. Of course, I was rooting for the Broncos after my Bears fell apart midway through the season. Double ouch, eh?

RFC tends to write his drafts more completely than most authors, so an e-ARC is very possible much earlier than usual. One hopes that Toni's marketing dept doesn't see a Bahzell book as taking away from the heavy dose of Honorverse this year. If they do, we might see a late e-ARC. Shudder.

Post by PeterZ   » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I actually hope that Toni is feeling Greedy! E-ARC sales are gravy for Baen and the Bahzell fans are twiching with withdrawal symptoms. I know I am.

FriarBob wrote:Nope, Aint's fan.

Snip

OK... enough ranting about football... back to the topic of real importance! :) Yeah I'm sure they COULD release the eARC anytime they want. Maybe they need a week to prepare or something, but I can't really see them needing even that much and definitely not any more. Hopefully Toni is feeling generous. :)
PeterZ wrote:I assume that you are a GB fan, FB. That's gotta smart. Of course, I was rooting for the Broncos after my Bears fell apart midway through the season. Double ouch, eh?

RFC tends to write his drafts more completely than most authors, so an e-ARC is very possible much earlier than usual. One hopes that Toni's marketing dept doesn't see a Bahzell book as taking away from the heavy dose of Honorverse this year. If they do, we might see a late e-ARC. Shudder.

Return to War God