Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

We're being teased again

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
We're being teased again
Post by saintonge   » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:20 am

saintonge
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Himself has tweeted that he's thinking of titling the next Bahzell book Warmaid's Choice, without, of course, actually telling us anything about the plot. He invites us to discuss this.

My thoughts: the best title would undoubtedly be Tum-te-tum-te-tum. Second best would be Piglet, Zombie.
Re: We're being teased again
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:10 am

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Warmaid's Choice
sounds like a brand of yogurt.

Howard Naughty Moose

[quote="saintonge"]
Himself has tweeted that he's thinking of titling the next Bahzell book Warmaid's Choice, without, of course, actually telling us anything about the plot. He invites us to discuss this.
[snip - htm]
quote]
Post by Rook   » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Rook
Commander

saintonge wrote:Himself has tweeted that he's thinking of titling the next Bahzell book Warmaid's Choice, without, of course, actually telling us anything about the plot. He invites us to discuss this.

My thoughts: the best title would undoubtedly be Tum-te-tum-te-tum. Second best would be Piglet, Zombie.

'Oh, Bother!' Says Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Rook   » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Rook
Commander

saintonge wrote:Himself has tweeted that he's thinking of titling the next Bahzell book Warmaid's Choice, without, of course, actually telling us anything about the plot. He invites us to discuss this.

Here's my take on it, along with all of the (vaporous) supporting evidence I can scrounge up.

There is the long-term issue involving the war maids and whether their descendants can inherit the positions they ran from. This issue has never been resolved, due to the fact that it was never really challenged in court. This legal grey area would cause a huge problem if Leeana, a very high ranking noblewoman, were to have a child. Leeana knows this, and she is definitely the type of person who believes in being prepared for all eventualities. After all, she ran away from home and joined the war maidens because of the possibility that her remaining unmarried would become too politically costly to her father. I believe that the 'Warmaid's Choice' would focus on whatever Leeana chooses to do about it, and the fallout from acting on that choice.

Personally, I think Leanna is going to shack up with Bahzell. I support this opinion with the last sentance from the teaser description of WRO when it first was published: "But what is Bahzell going to do about the fact that Baron Tellian's daughter, the heir to the realm, seems to be thinking that he is the only man—or hradani—for her" http://www.webscription.net/p-467-wind-riders-oath.aspx. Anyone who has read WRO knows that nothing like this actually happens. A romantic relationship between Bahzell and Leeana never develops. The closest you get is a scene in the book where Bahzell gives her some brotherly advice, which triggered her decision to join the war maids.

I have to ask myself: How did the author of the book's blurb get the idea that Leeana was after Bahzell? It is obvious that the MWW didn't write that blurb, and whoever did write the blurb didn't read the book. I can think of two possible answers:

1. The person who wrote the blurb only read the first few chapters, including the scene where you get Leeana's first impressions of Bahzell's looks.
2. The person who wrote the blurb had a description of the plot from the author, but the MWW went a little further in the plot line than what was actually in WRO.

Of the two, I think #2 is the more likely scenario. Even if the author of the blurb read the first few chapters, there really isn't enough relationship development to justify thinking that Leeana is pursuing Bahzell. Also, those are some fairly long chapters, and would require a larger investment of time than a busy editor or sales person would likely justify to write a book's teaser. I think it is very likely that whoever wrote that teaser was basing it off some notes about the plot. We all know that Mr. Weber can... wax loquacious. (He takes 14 words to call someone a smart alec!) The plot description probably covered a bit more than what was actually covered in Wind Rider's Oath, so I think it likely the next book will have something to do with that last sentence in the WRO teaser.
Post by Gustav   » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:41 am

Gustav
Commander

Well, Leeana do talk several times about Bahzell in a way were it seems clear to the reader that she want him, but anyway

1) She has courage, moral integrity and is able to make difficult tough decisions <= Sounds as the kind of girl a Holy Champion would be able to respect
2) She is intelligent and well-educated <= Many clues it is this kind of girl that Bahzell likes
3) She has a major interest in physical activity and she is learning to use weapons <= Sharing interests with Bahzell
4) She is goodlooking and athletic <= Never hurts
5) by choosing Bahzell as her partner would she help improve the political agenda of bahzell and his farther "Peace between Hradani and the races of men"

sum of point 1 to 5:

Bahzell does not have a chance to escape if she decides to seduce him
Post by saintonge   » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:18 am

saintonge
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Howard T. Map-addict wrote:Warmaid's Choice

Howard Naughty Moose

YOGURT? Nah. Beer, maybe. Or a feminine hygiene product (hmm, maybe yogurt after all?)
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

You have followed my reasoning all of the way
around a circle to my conclusion!
We agree very often.

Howard

saintonge wrote:below

Howard Naughty Moose

saintonge replied:
YOGURT? Nah. Beer, maybe. Or a feminine hygiene product (hmm, maybe yogurt after all?)
Post by darkhorse   » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:15 pm

darkhorse
Ensign

Howard T. Map-addict wrote:You have followed my reasoning all of the way
around a circle to my conclusion!
We agree very often.

Howard

saintonge wrote:below

Howard Naughty Moose

saintonge replied:

*facepalm*
Post by Skia   » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:57 am

Skia
Captain (Junior Grade)

Gustav wrote:Well, Leeana do talk several times about Bahzell in a way were it seems clear to the reader that she want him, but anyway

1) She has courage, moral integrity and is able to make difficult tough decisions <= Sounds as the kind of girl a Holy Champion would be able to respect
2) She is intelligent and well-educated <= Many clues it is this kind of girl that Bahzell likes
3) She has a major interest in physical activity and she is learning to use weapons <= Sharing interests with Bahzell
4) She is goodlooking and athletic <= Never hurts
5) by choosing Bahzell as her partner would she help improve the political agenda of bahzell and his farther "Peace between Hradani and the races of men"

sum of point 1 to 5:

Bahzell does not have a chance to escape if she decides to seduce him

Honestly I am not sure how it would affect the political agenda. At least in the short run I suspect it would cause more complications than anything else. To be fair Bahzell does have (or will have once it is widely known) a fair amount of political capitol after saving the remains of the Courser herd and defeating the dark gods meddling on the wind plains. I don't know if this would be enough to offset how outre this would be even for a war maid.

As for catching Leena catching him if she wants, well we do know that amongst Hradini women choose their men and
Bahzell seems attracted to her. At least that was my impression after he kept on focusing on her as cute rather than anything else and how he had to stop looking at her so that he could focus on what needed to be said.
Post by Gustav   » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:56 am

Gustav
Commander

Well

I doubt bahzell will be able to say no

I guess there will be a situation were they will have to travel together on some kind of mission
1) Most likely will she perform athletic morning exercises in front of him while she is wearing that flesh revealing war maid outfit.
2)I guess she is going to challenge him to some weapon training exercises and then try to win using her femine beauty to disturb his concentration. Some kind of outfit with a deep cleavage allowing for some movement of her breasts during the combat.
3) Since it is Hradani women there have the initiative in Hradani culture and since Sothori war maids choose their own bed partners are there a risk she will take the initiative and suddenly appear in his bed.

Return to War God