Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Who could Sharna want dead more more then Bahzell?

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Who could Sharna want dead more more then Bahzell?
Post by Jay6722   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:54 am

Jay6722
Commander

In Sword Brother Wencit tells Ken Houghton that there is probably only one person on Norfressa that Sharna wants dead more then Bahzell. I don't think we have enough information to guess who it might be. But, I think we might have enough information about Sharna to build a psychological profile of who it might be.
Sharna has be described as coward. Someone who is the personification cunning and deception.
I would say it is a safe bet who ever could be at the top of Sharna's hit list is someone who is very direct and straightforward in how they do what they do. They would also have plenty of courage. This does describe Bahzell pretty well, but Wencit did say there is someone else Sharna wanted dead as much as if not more than Bahzell. Is there anything else that could be added to this profile.
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Re: Who could Sharna want dead more more then Bahzell?
Post by Rook   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:10 am

Rook
Commander

Wencit himself, maybe?

Jay6722 wrote:In Sword Brother Wencit tells Ken Houghton that there is probably only one person on Norfressa that Sharna wants dead more then Bahzell. I don't think we have enough information to guess who it might be. But, I think we might have enough information about Sharna to build a psychological profile of who it might be.
Sharna has be described as coward. Someone who is the personification cunning and deception.
I would say it is a safe bet who ever could be at the top of Sharna's hit list is someone who is very direct and straightforward in how they do what they do. They would also have plenty of courage. This does describe Bahzell pretty well, but Wencit did say there is someone else Sharna wanted dead as much as if not more than Bahzell. Is there anything else that could be added to this profile.
Post by FriarBob   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 am

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

Seems likely at first glance, but Wencit doesn't strike me as somebody who likes to talk about himself in the third person.

The next most obvious guess would be Brandark. Not sure how he fits, tho, so maybe not.

Kaerela would be a possibility after how she flummoxed the plans for the chaos on the Wind Plains.

And Bahzell's father is an obvious option. He has, after all, managed to bring stability and at least rudimentary civilization (and at least some degree of peace) to the Northern Hradani and their neighbors.

Other than that, not sure.

Rook wrote:Wencit himself, maybe?

Jay6722 wrote:In Sword Brother Wencit tells Ken Houghton that there is probably only one person on Norfressa that Sharna wants dead more then Bahzell. I don't think we have enough information to guess who it might be. But, I think we might have enough information about Sharna to build a psychological profile of who it might be.
Post by Jay6722   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:45 am

Jay6722
Commander

Rook, when Wencit told Gunnery Sergeant Houghton that there could be someone else that Sharna wanted dead as much if not more then Bahzell Houghton asked if the person was Wencit himself and Wencit said no and that he was third or fourth at best.

Rook wrote:Wencit himself, maybe?

Post by Macharius   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Macharius
Ensign

FriarBob wrote:The next most obvious guess would be Brandark. Not sure how he fits, tho, so maybe not.

Kaerela would be a possibility after how she flummoxed the plans for the chaos on the Wind Plains.

And Bahzell's father is an obvious option. He has, after all, managed to bring stability and at least rudimentary civilization (and at least some degree of peace) to the Northern Hradani and their neighbors.

Krahana herself implies it's not Brandark. From Wind Rider's Oath, chapter 25:

"Brandark's death is worth more even than Tellian's, and Bahzell's is worth more than the destruction of the entire Sothōii Kingdom."

Also from WRO, it's stated that Sharna specifically requested the task of subverting the hradani from Phrobus.

Taking both statements together, I think Wencit's referring to either a hradani whom we haven't been introduced to yet, or has not yet risen to prominence in the existing books.

I rule out Bahnak because the essential unification of the northern hradani is underway/complete and Bahnak's older sons would be ready to step into his place, rendering his death inconsequential.

Alternately, it could be someone like Zarantha leading the mages in uprooting as much of Sharna's infiltration of Norfressan societies as she can.
Post by Jay6722   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Jay6722
Commander

In case no one has said it the first thing I'll say is welcome to the forums. Now onto your post, you make a good point that it's probably not Brandark, however I think Carnadosa not Sharna would want Zarantha dead the most. I also think it just might be a dwarf because if my memory serves me right it's Torframos that hates Sharna the most amongst the gods of light and that is who most dwarves worship. This would make dwarves deadly enemies of those who worship Sharna.

Macharius wrote:
FriarBob wrote:The next most obvious guess would be Brandark. Not sure how he fits, tho, so maybe not.

Krahana herself implies it's not Brandark. From Wind Rider's Oath, chapter 25:

"Brandark's death is worth more even than Tellian's, and Bahzell's is worth more than the destruction of the entire Sothōii Kingdom."

Also from WRO, it's stated that Sharna specifically requested the task of subverting the hradani from Phrobus.

Taking both statements together, I think Wencit's referring to either a hradani whom we haven't been introduced to yet, or has not yet risen to prominence in the existing books.

I rule out Bahnak because the essential unification of the northern hradani is underway/complete and Bahnak's older sons would be ready to step into his place, rendering his death inconsequential.

Alternately, it could be someone like Zarantha leading the mages in uprooting as much of Sharna's infiltration of Norfressan societies as she can.
Last edited by Jay6722 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Post by Macharius   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Macharius
Ensign

Jay6722 wrote:I case no one has said it the first thing I'll say welcome to the forums. Now onto your post, you make a good point that it's probably not Brandark, however I think Carnadosa not Sharna that would want Zarantha dead the most. I also think it just might be a dwarf because if my memory serves me right it's Torframos that hates Sharna the most amongst the gods of light and that is who most dwarves worship. This would make dwarves deadly enemies of those who worship Sharna.

Thanks, Jay!

I thought of Zarantha because of Wencit's comment to Jack in that same conversation as Sharna about the Dark Gods being more concerned about "younger people", but since everyone is younger than Wencit I suppose it was ultimately irrelevant however much "younger" implied actual youth as I was reading. That said, it was still nothing more than idle speculation as an alternative that I even mentioned here. ;)

You may be on to something with Torframos, though I can't think of any dwarves we've met yet that would qualify as Sharna's Most Wanted. We'll probably learn more in "Bahzell's Revenge" next year.
Post by Jay6722   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Jay6722
Commander

There could be someone on Norfressa that is older than Wencit it would have to be an elf but he or she could exist. The only dwarf that I can think of that might be on the list is Kilthan.

Macharius wrote:
Jay6722 wrote:I case no one has said it the first thing I'll say welcome to the forums. Now onto your post, you make a good point that it's probably not Brandark, however I think Carnadosa not Sharna that would want Zarantha dead the most. I also think it just might be a dwarf because if my memory serves me right it's Torframos that hates Sharna the most amongst the gods of light and that is who most dwarves worship. This would make dwarves deadly enemies of those who worship Sharna.

Thanks, Jay!

I thought of Zarantha because of Wencit's comment to Jack in that same conversation as Sharna about the Dark Gods being more concerned about "younger people", but since everyone is younger than Wencit I suppose it was ultimately irrelevant however much "younger" implied actual youth as I was reading. That said, it was still nothing more than idle speculation as an alternative that I even mentioned here. ;)

You may be on to something with Torframos, though I can't think of any dwarves we've met yet that would qualify as Sharna's Most Wanted. We'll probably learn more in "Bahzell's Revenge" next year.
Post by Brom O'Berin   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Brom O'Berin
Captain (Junior Grade)

Leeana ...

Jay6722 wrote:There could be someone on Norfressa that is older than Wencit it would have to be an elf but he or she could exist. The only dwarf that I can think of that might be on the list is Kilthan.

Macharius wrote:

Thanks, Jay!

Post by Jay6722   » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 am

Jay6722
Commander

Brom O'berin, why do think it could be Leeana?

Return to War God