Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Ghoul Moor and Troll Garth

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Ghoul Moor and Troll Garth
Post by rafael   » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:44 pm

rafael
Captain of the List

Rook wrote:I always had the impression that the only reason why Troll Garth was a problem was because the Bloody Swords and Horse Stealers were so focused on fighting each other, they didn't have the resources to 'tame' Troll Garth. Now that there is peace, outside intervention is probably not needed.

rafael wrote:In regard to Troll Garth and Ghoul Moor I think that while a Sothii army is out I would be curious as to whether an Axeman army might help. Kilthan said how he would love to have offered an army for Sharna but politics got in the way. And even if there would not be an official army Kilthan has his guards and has hired armies to take out bandits they are probably small ones but the precedent is there and He is not the only Axeman or Dwarven merchant who would love to brake the Purple Lords monopoly.

Another potential source for an army is one or more of the Chivalric orders devoted to one or more of the Gods of Light.

And on the population issue I think that there will be a population boom soon because Bazel was thinking about the farming techniques he saw among humans and how his father should hire some.

Could be we don't have enough info.
Post by Brom O'Berin   » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:33 am

Brom O'Berin
Captain (Junior Grade)

Could be the Trolls are black-sheep cousins of the Dwarfs, which would not appreciate a hradani invasion of "family" ...

rafael wrote:
Rook wrote:I always had the impression that the only reason why Troll Garth was a problem was because the Bloody Swords and Horse Stealers were so focused on fighting each other, they didn't have the resources to 'tame' Troll Garth. Now that there is peace, outside intervention is probably not needed.

Could be we don't have enough info.
Post by SYED   » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:20 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

According to the map that network of rivers may only connect to the lake of storms at the hangnisti river naturally, but in the forest of shami, the bend of one of those rivers does come awefully close, I wonder if a path or channel could be built. it would allow some avoidance of a dangerous region.

THey need only deal with the trolls and ghouls ,if they wish to take advantage of the empire of the spear trade. THey could force the head noble of the south riding to aid the cleaning up. If the trolls and ghouls are left for last, the new canal system, allows easier trade with the empire of the axe and the coastal traders, as well as the various border states, as well as trade with the dwarfs. As well as share that trade with the kingdom linked by the river.

If cassan wants his share of it as well as the empire of the axe, trade he would have to activly aid in the cleansing.

Return to War God