Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

When will the next one be?

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
When will the next one be?
Post by PandaKomai   » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:07 pm

PandaKomai
Midshipman

As the subject line asks. I enjoy all of Mr. Weber's books that I own and can get a hold of from the local library, but my fav has always been The War Gods own series. I had never heard of the author until I picked up Oath of Swords fer 50 cents (american) and I became an almost instant (took me 4 hours and boy did I miss those hours when I had to get up 2 hours later to goto work) fan. Since then I have read almost all of Mr. Weber's books and own 3 (stupid economy), plus a ton I got from cd's and BFL. I hope that Bazal and Brandark have more adventures soon.
Re: When will the next one be?
Post by darkhorse   » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:15 pm

darkhorse
Ensign

I'm with you. But there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon except that 'he plans more books in the series.' Answers are ambiguous, but I'll put in my vote here too. Nice to see another fan of the series.
Post by letcher8   » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:55 pm

letcher8
Midshipman

I own most of his books and love them all too but this series is by far my favorite. This always suprises me because I love the honor books.
Post by ion scout   » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:40 am

ion scout
Midshipman

I love the war god books would really like to know if he is working on a new novel in the series and what will be the ultimate fate for brandark he is clearly destined for greatness.
Please don't take to long getting the next book out. I enjoy all of your works ( the ones i have read so far that is ) but the war god series my favorite .
Post by Donnachaidh   » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:28 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

I was at a book signing a few months ago and if I remember right the next book is in his schedule to be written next year. So I'd guess 2012 or 2013

ion scout wrote:I love the war god books would really like to know if he is working on a new novel in the series and what will be the ultimate fate for brandark he is clearly destined for greatness.
Please don't take to long getting the next book out. I enjoy all of your works ( the ones i have read so far that is ) but the war god series my favorite .
Post by darkhorse   » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:29 pm

darkhorse
Ensign

Donnachaidh wrote:I was at a book signing a few months ago and if I remember right the next book is in his schedule to be written next year. So I'd guess 2012 or 2013

Woot!!!

*does happy @ the computer dance*
Post by biochem   » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:27 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

ion scout wrote:I love the war god books would really like to know if he is working on a new novel in the series and what will be the ultimate fate for brandark he is clearly destined for greatness.

I am also eagerly awaiting the next book. Speculation on Brandark: We know nothing about his mother. So perhaps he's half human and is a natural wild wizard. Wencit is 1000s of years old and it is mentioned that wild wizards live a long time but not forever. Eventually he must die and thus needs a sucessor. Could that sucessor be Brandark?
Post by Rook   » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Rook
Commander

biochem wrote:
I am also eagerly awaiting the next book. Speculation on Brandark: We know nothing about his mother. So perhaps he's half human and is a natural wild wizard. Wencit is 1000s of years old and it is mentioned that wild wizards live a long time but not forever. Eventually he must die and thus needs a sucessor. Could that sucessor be Brandark?

I seriously doubt that Brandark is anything but pure Hradani. Both he and his father have too many political enemies who would have capitalized on it, and we would have heard of it early on in the series. Since Mr. Weber usually does a lot of foreshadowing, I find it telling that the MWW did not ever once suggest that Brandark was anything other than Hradani.

As far as Wencit's successor, I do not think such a person will be found in this generation of characters. One of their children might be something else, though.
Post by John T Mainer   » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:45 pm

John T Mainer
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Rook wrote:
biochem wrote:

I seriously doubt that Brandark is anything but pure Hradani. Both he and his father have too many political enemies who would have capitalized on it, and we would have heard of it early on in the series. Since Mr. Weber usually does a lot of foreshadowing, I find it telling that the MWW did not ever once suggest that Brandark was anything other than Hradani.

As far as Wencit's successor, I do not think such a person will be found in this generation of characters. One of their children might be something else, though.

All those hints, his goddess said Brandark was too much her brothers, and for all his association with the Order of Tormanak, it is Semkirk he seems to follow closets.

You think a Hradani Champion of Tormanak is a threat to dark mages because of his link to the energy field, how about the first Hradani Mind Mage? If three or four human mind mages can hold off a dark wizard, what could the mind of Brandark, focused by a scholar's discipline, wielded by a warrior heart, and powered by the Hradani rage do?

I am willing to bet that besides founding the first Hradani university, Brandark will be the first Hradani Mind Mage. A Champion of Tormanak, and a Mind Mage; the Hradani would be thus represented by the two great forces that check the powers of the dark wizards that once enslaved their folk.
Post by Rook   » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Rook
Commander

John T Mainer wrote:All those hints, his goddess said Brandark was too much her brothers, and for all his association with the Order of Tormanak, it is Semkirk he seems to follow closets.

What hints are there that point towards Semkirk? I am not aware of any that suggests that Brandark has anything more than a general scholarly interest in the subject. However, there are a LOT of hints that Brandark has a deep and intense interest in sailing and ship building. That points to Korthrala, not Semkirk.

John T Mainer wrote:
You think a Hradani Champion of Tormanak is a threat to dark mages because of his link to the energy field, how about the first Hradani Mind Mage? If three or four human mind mages can hold off a dark wizard, what could the mind of Brandark, focused by a scholar's discipline, wielded by a warrior heart, and powered by the Hradani rage do?

I am willing to bet that besides founding the first Hradani university, Brandark will be the first Hradani Mind Mage. A Champion of Tormanak, and a Mind Mage; the Hradani would be thus represented by the two great forces that check the powers of the dark wizards that once enslaved their folk.

Couple of problems with your theory that Brandark could be a mage. Leaving aside the fact that only humans are mages, (there is no evidence that Brandark is anything other than pure Hradani) all mages go through a 'Mage Crisis' when they hit puberty. If they do not get help and training the crisis will kill them. Brandark comes from Nahvak and has not traveled far before meeting Bahzel. Where would he have gotten the help and training needed to survive the Mage Crisis? Humans are not found in Hradani lands... Especially in Nahvak.

To sum up:
1. Brandark is most certainly past puberty. (yes, he is young for a Hradani, but not THAT young)
2. He has not had access to the help and training needed to survive the Mage Crisis.
3. Brandark is not dead.
4. There is no mention of him having any mage powers in any of the books.

I don't think he is a mage.

Return to War God