Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Imperative - the sequel to Extremis

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Re: Imperative - the sequel to Extremis
Post by SYED   » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:43 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

I hope that tge tangri are at least dealt with. Taking and securing their space would allow tgem secure places to build up their resoyrces. The thing is if the tangri are dealt with, the other races would have plenty of avenues in which they can assualt the new guys.
Post by Garth 2   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Garth 2
Captain of the List

SYED wrote:I hope that tge tangri are at least dealt with. Taking and securing their space would allow tgem secure places to build up their resoyrces. The thing is if the tangri are dealt with, the other races would have plenty of avenues in which they can assualt the new guys.

I wonder why such a hostile species which seems to have warp points linking it to every major power group hasn't already been dealt with??
Post by munroburton   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:17 pm

munroburton
Admiral

SYED wrote:I hope that tge tangri are at least dealt with. Taking and securing their space would allow tgem secure places to build up their resoyrces. The thing is if the tangri are dealt with, the other races would have plenty of avenues in which they can assualt the new guys.

Wasn't there a Tangri slave revolution in Extremis? I think it was successful. I suspect that would cause a change in their relationship with everybody. It's a headache for the diplomats, but as long as there's free passage and no more raiding parties, they can deal.

As for why they weren't squashed - well, the Tangri, for all their posturing, never really were a serious threat. Small navy, smaller ships, sub-par technology, inefficient industrial practices.
Post by coldsteel   » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:02 pm

coldsteel
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

The Tangri were able to survive due to the fact that they were able to foist off blame for piracy to 'independents' that supposedly had no sanction from the Tangri government. The NAVY knows better but the politicos that control the Navy have been hoodwinked.

Return to Starfire