Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Insurrection

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Insurrection
Post by Cataphract   » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Cataphract
Midshipman

I liked every Starfire novel, but I must say that I enjoyed In Death Ground the best, followed by Crusade.
Indeed I would love to see David re-explore the Starfire universe, go back to the beginning with Howard Anderson and the first conflict with the Orions. I would also like to see a 'non-human' novel - the Orion/Gorm war.

Jeff
Re: Insurrection
Post by KNick   » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 am

KNick
Admiral

Cataphract wrote:I liked every Starfire novel, but I must say that I enjoyed In Death Ground the best, followed by Crusade.
Indeed I would love to see David re-explore the Starfire universe, go back to the beginning with Howard Anderson and the first conflict with the Orions. I would also like to see a 'non-human' novel - the Orion/Gorm war.

Jeff

Other than the Orion/Gorm war, there is the last Bug Hive to exterminate. Those are the only two novels that are left to complete the stories that RFC is involved in. Let Mr. White do the rest.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by DawnFalcon   » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:14 pm

DawnFalcon
Midshipman

Cataphract wrote:I liked every Starfire novel, but I must say that I enjoyed In Death Ground the best, followed by Crusade.

Jeff

Those wars do in fact exist, just not in novel format.

Interstellar Wars (ISW) 1 and 2, the battles between the Terrans the Orions, as well the Gorn-Khanate war and ISW3, the war between the allied races and the Rigellians...exists in the old "Stars at War" expansion for 3rd edition Starfire.

You can get it on the Ultimate or Classic CD from the Starfire Design Studio

Disclamer; I work on Starfire.
Post by KNick   » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:15 pm

KNick
Admiral

DawnFalcon wrote:Those wars do in fact exist, just not in novel format.

Interstellar Wars (ISW) 1 and 2, the battles between the Terrans the Orions, as well the Gorn-Khanate war and ISW3, the war between the allied races and the Rigellians...exists in the old "Stars at War" expansion for 3rd edition Starfire.

You can get it on the Ultimate or Classic CD from the Starfire Design Studio

Disclamer; I work on Starfire.

The fact that you work for Starfire simply makes the information you are providing more relevant. I realize that you are afraid this will be seen as promoting your company, but you are simply answering a question by a fellow fan in a forum dedicated to those stories.
_

Post by Cataphract   » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:32 am

Cataphract
Midshipman

I guess I should have expanded my comment a bit. I do indeed have all of the old Starfire products alluded to, and of course my 'bible' their ISW-4 scenario book. In fact I have them in print form, though my ISW-4 is beginning to show some wear!

That said there is still no substitute for a Weber book on the subject(s).

Jeff
Post by CEDRIC18   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:24 pm

CEDRIC18
Midshipman

Long time lurker and reader who finally decided to register. If you have access to copies of Nexus Magazine as printed by Task Force Games back in the day; there are several articles and short pieces of fiction by Mr. Weber. Most pertinent to this thread would be Issue #'s 2,8,9,and 10 which contain a four part article entitled "Incidents From The First Terran-Khanate War" There are an excellent read with several of the first battles from the Classic Starfire timeline described.

Here is a link to an index of those articles:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Nexus_Index#

If you do not know of anyone who has copies, Starfire Design Studio offers a couple of CD packages that include scans of all of the Nexus magazine issues that contain Starfire articles on their website:

http://www.starfiredesign.com/starfire/order/

Enjoy,

Dave

(I do not work for SDS, but I have purchased several products over the years.)
Post by KNick   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:24 pm

KNick
Admiral

CEDRIC18 wrote:Long time lurker and reader who finally decided to register. If you have access to copies of Nexus Magazine as printed by Task Force Games back in the day; there are several articles and short pieces of fiction by Mr. Weber. Most pertinent to this thread would be Issue #'s 2,8,9,and 10 which contain a four part article entitled "Incidents From The First Terran-Khanate War" There are an excellent read with several of the first battles from the Classic Starfire timeline described.

Here is a link to an index of those articles:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Nexus_Index#

If you do not know of anyone who has copies, Starfire Design Studio offers a couple of CD packages that include scans of all of the Nexus magazine issues that contain Starfire articles on their website:

http://www.starfiredesign.com/starfire/order/

Enjoy,

Dave

(I do not work for SDS, but I have purchased several products over the years.)

Thank you for registering and giving us that info. Welcome to the forums. Now that you have your feet wet, hopefully you'll keep on sticking your oar in the pond.
_

Return to Starfire