Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Insurrection

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Re: Insurrection
Post by dregj   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:32 pm

dregj
Ensign

Have read the insurrection in Stars at war 2

there does seem to be extra material
(open to correction of course)
*The introduction of skorning's brother
also a gigantic beast of a beaumonter
who joins the republic marines
and we see him go in to liberate an occupied
fringe planet and witness war atrocities.

*Li han's first meeting with trevayne before the war.

*Li han's liberating an occupied system(same one as skorning) including and incredible bloody warp point assault

There are probably a lot of others
feel free to add or delete
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue May 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Thunder Child Actual wrote:
JohnS wrote:

Why did you despise Trevayne?

He struck me as just too dogmatic. Not only was evidence of the Federation's corruption evident to people all the way back in ISW4, but his own son tried to point things out. Trevayne was basically, "The Federation: love it or don't criticize it." Then he almost massacred the Rebel Fleet at Zephrain because he blamed the Republic for his son's death. Which, to me, makes him a hypocrite who won't take responsibility for his own actions. And I found the love affair tedious. If he was going to feel angst, let it be for serving a corrupt regime, not for "betraying" his dead wife. Basically, I had as much empathy for him as for someone like Rajampet, who also served a corrupt regime.

Aside from that, he was okay. :)

Actually if I remember right it wasn't his son's death he was thinking about between the Republic/Rebel surrender Zephrain and him aborting the missile attack it was the deaths of his wife and daughters. They were killed when one of the task forces that defected to the rebellion in the early days of the war, before the Republic was established in fact, nuked the world they were living on.

And than later he asks Li if she was part of that attack, and she realizes what had happened but still refers to it as a proud action or something to that effect. Honestly I think that most people in his place would be tempted to let the missiles hit despite the surrender and in the end he did stop them so I don't see the temptation as something to hold against him.
Post by coldsteel   » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:14 pm

coldsteel
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

dregj wrote:Have read the insurrection in Stars at war 2

there does seem to be extra material
(open to correction of course)
*The introduction of skorning's brother
also a gigantic beast of a beaumonter
who joins the republic marines
and we see him go in to liberate an occupied
fringe planet and witness war atrocities.

*Li han's first meeting with trevayne before the war.

*Li han's liberating an occupied system(same one as skorning) including and incredible bloody warp point assault

There are probably a lot of others
feel free to add or delete

Actually, only the ground fight in Cimarron is added. The warp point attack where TRNS Longbow is destroyed and the meeting with Han, Trevayne and ADM Pritzcowitski was in the original book.

Also added is a relationship between Lad's brother (the aforementioned Marine) and the Novaya Rodinan girl that ends up being VP of the Terran Republic.

Return to Starfire