Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Does anyone play Starfire?

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Does anyone play Starfire?
Post by mwynne24   » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:23 pm

mwynne24
Midshipman

Myself and two friends still play and we wondered if anyone else does? We'd like to meet some new opponents if anyone is interested.

Mark.
Re: Does anyone play Starfire?
Post by Skywatcher44   » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Skywatcher44
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

mwynne24 wrote:Myself and two friends still play and we wondered if anyone else does? We'd like to meet some new opponents if anyone is interested.

Mark.

Where do you play Starfire? Is there software somewhere to buy? Or is it online? I would like to read about the game, is there a good website to read up on strategy and tactics?
Post by DawnFalcon   » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:41 pm

DawnFalcon
Midshipman

Hi!

Yes, there are certainly Starfire players - the best place to find us these days is the Starfire Design Studios forums.
Post by MWadwell   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:10 pm

MWadwell
Captain (Junior Grade)

DawnFalcon wrote:Hi!

Yes, there are certainly Starfire players - the best place to find us these days is the Starfire Design Studios forums.

In addition to the SDS's page, there is a much smaller Starfire community at the Aurora forum as well - http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php though it is almost exclusively R3rd edition.

Later,
Matt
Post by coldsteel   » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:28 pm

coldsteel
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Me!
Post by coldsteel   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:10 pm

coldsteel

If anyone is in the area/available, there'll be a Starfire demo at the Heartland Gaming Expo 4/11/15 in Tulsa OK.
Post by Roguevictory   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

coldsteel wrote:If anyone is in the area/available, there'll be a Starfire demo at the Heartland Gaming Expo 4/11/15 in Tulsa OK.

Unfortuantely I have no way to get there and no money to buy a ticket but I hope it goes well.
Post by coldsteel   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:19 pm

coldsteel

Roguevictory wrote:
coldsteel wrote:If anyone is in the area/available, there'll be a Starfire demo at the Heartland Gaming Expo 4/11/15 in Tulsa OK.

Unfortuantely I have no way to get there and no money to buy a ticket but I hope it goes well.

It went better than I hoped. Had no shortage of gawkers, 5-6 people even tried the game out. I might decide to have this on Sunday at Tokyo in Tulsa mid-July in addition to Warhammer 40K and Star Fleet Battles.
Post by coldsteel   » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:30 pm

coldsteel

coldsteel wrote:It went better than I hoped. Had no shortage of gawkers, 5-6 people even tried the game out. I might decide to have this on Sunday at Tokyo in Tulsa mid-July in addition to Warhammer 40K and Star Fleet Battles.

So, the plan is to have Starfire available all-day Friday and Sunday and SFB Cadet rules on Saturday. 40K will be the entire weekend.
Post by coldsteel   » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:30 pm

coldsteel

OK, folks, we're a month out from Tokyo in Tulsa, and we're locked in to having Starfire available all weekend to play.

Return to Starfire