Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Query regarding the bugs exploration

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Query regarding the bugs exploration
Post by Garth 2   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:34 am

Garth 2
Captain of the List

In the book it states that the bugs stop exploring at closed warp points whilst they build up their populations, so why hadn't they found the already found the Anderson 1-Prox. Centauris warp point and made use of it before now?
Re: Query regarding the bugs exploration
Post by Solly   » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Solly
Commander

Garth 2 wrote:In the book it states that the bugs stop exploring at closed warp points whilst they build up their populations, so why hadn't they found the already found the Anderson 1-Prox. Centauris warp point and made use of it before now?

How far are you into the book.
Post by Garth 2   » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Garth 2
Captain of the List

completed the inter series, hence the question.

Given the bugs mapped warp nexus they should have found the open point in Anderson 1 at a much earlier point; especially given the population densities of the other home hive systems, and the fact that they had been in ocupation of Hannah for generations.
Post by WinterFlames   » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:18 pm

WinterFlames
Ensign

But the bugs say they don't explore the warp points of a daughter system until they fill up a planet and are ready to make a new colony.
Post by viciokie   » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:49 am

viciokie
Captain of the List

if you read all of the bug war series you will find a small notation of a closed warp point they explored and sent a small task force through to subjugate the native species there when the war was going badly for them. once they did this they destroyed all records of that point in the hopes of the colony not being discovered before they had built their strength back up. However i wonder if they will be found before that happens in a book like the actual starfire game series did.
Post by Garth 2   » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Garth 2
Captain of the List

WinterFlames wrote:But the bugs say they don't explore the warp points of a daughter system until they fill up a planet and are ready to make a new colony.

If that was the case, the bugs wouldn't have controlled the space they did.
Post by Garth 2   » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Garth 2
Captain of the List

viciokie wrote:if you read all of the bug war series you will find a small notation of a closed warp point they explored and sent a small task force through to subjugate the native species there when the war was going badly for them. once they did this they destroyed all records of that point in the hopes of the colony not being discovered before they had built their strength back up. However i wonder if they will be found before that happens in a book like the actual starfire game series did.

We will never know as no further books in this series will be written, but see the speculation thread for other possibile continuations.
Post by viciokie   » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:49 pm

viciokie
Captain of the List

Garth 2 wrote:
viciokie wrote:if you read all of the bug war series you will find a small notation of a closed warp point they explored and sent a small task force through to subjugate the native species there when the war was going badly for them. once they did this they destroyed all records of that point in the hopes of the colony not being discovered before they had built their strength back up. However i wonder if they will be found before that happens in a book like the actual starfire game series did.

We will never know as no further books in this series will be written, but see the speculation thread for other possibile continuations.

Uh where do you get that there is no more books forthcoming in this series? I have not seen anything to indicate this.
Post by Emo Otaku   » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:12 am

Emo Otaku
Captain of the List

viciokie wrote:
Garth 2 wrote:

Uh where do you get that there is no more books forthcoming in this series? I have not seen anything to indicate this.

Steve White has written 2 more books in the Starfire series (Exodus and Extremis) without DW I don't know if he has any more planned
~~~~~~

Sanity is merely the consensus of the Insane
Post by Hellcat13   » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Hellcat13
Ensign

I enjoyed the series I personally hope they do more. Either some from ISW-1, ISW-2, or ISW-3

Return to Starfire