Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Possibility of a Timeline

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Possibility of a Timeline
Post by Tavar   » Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Tavar
Midshipman

Is there an offical timeline for the events that happen in the first 4 books(Crusade, In Death Ground, The Shiva Option, and Insurrection)? I'd like to know the dates, and while I'm pretty sure that dates are mentioned in the books, I'd rather not have to go through over 1200 pages of text to find them.
Re: Possibility of a Timeline
Post by Tavar   » Mon May 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Tavar
Midshipman

Okay, Looks like there isn't an official timeline available anywhere, so I'm starting to go through the books, and constructing one of my own. Here's the data I have so far, and some inferences from the data;
Insurrection

* 20xx-Creation of the Terran Federation.(Several characters mention the Federation being in existence for 4 centuries, and the events take place in the mid 2400's.)
* Feb 12, 2439- Task Force 17 disintegrates, first major action of the Terran Federation's Civil War.
*July, 2439- Word Reaches the Federation's Senate of Task Force 17's fate, as well as word of the attack on Galloway's World.
*Six years elapse between when Ladislaus leaves Terra, and when he returns for the peace talks.
* Four years elapse between when Han was a captain, and her release from being a Rim POW.
*When meeting Admiral Sanders, Trevayne comments that Sannders is over 120 years old. Also, at this point it is revealed that Trevayne and Miram have been lovers for about 1 year, 1 month.
* The Rebels attack the rim for the second time, ~60 days after the meeting. Much of the force is captured. Fall turns to winter to spring. Prisoners leave before late spring.
* Spring to summer, Sanders is back, and it's 3 months till counter attack.

Crusade
*First interstellar war occurred 2 Orion centuries before.
*50 years since 3rd interstellar war(formation of alliance, unclear if this is in Terran or Orion years)
* 150 orion years ago, Terran fleet cut off large amount of Khanate battle line in the Loreli system, 40 years after Khanate destroyed Human colony Fleet(190 Orion years ago). Others have mentioned that this occurred ~90 terran years ago.
*Terran Colony Fleet destroyed in 2206. Year at start of the book- 2296. By the time the 'Peace Fleet' is sent, one year has passed.
*50 years since last war, 30 since military updated.
Post by dregj   » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 pm

dregj
Ensign

thats great ,can i assume the bug war takes place before the civil war but after the thebe cruade.I seem to recall anti matter weapons used only in the bug books and insurection.
Post by akira.taylor   » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:11 pm

akira.taylor
Captain (Junior Grade)

dregj wrote:thats great ,can i assume the bug war takes place before the civil war but after the thebe cruade.I seem to recall anti matter weapons used only in the bug books and insurection.

Insurrection references the Theben War (something about that's why officers carry sidearms). I think Weber has noted that the reason the Thebens weren't involved in the Fourth Interstellar War (Bug War) was that 1) they were still blockaded, and 2) they kinda considered it Humanity's & the Orions' just desserts (being unbelievers and all).

So, yes, but rather verbose.
Post by Garth 2   » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:25 am

Garth 2
Captain of the List

akira.taylor wrote:
dregj wrote:thats great ,can i assume the bug war takes place before the civil war but after the thebe cruade.I seem to recall anti matter weapons used only in the bug books and insurection.

Insurrection references the Theben War (something about that's why officers carry sidearms). I think Weber has noted that the reason the Thebens weren't involved in the Fourth Interstellar War (Bug War) was that 1) they were still blockaded, and 2) they kinda considered it Humanity's & the Orions' just desserts (being unbelievers and all).

So, yes, but rather verbose.

Theben War
Bug War
Insurrection
Exdous
Extremis

The reason the Theben weren't mention in the 4th war or civial war was because a: they had no military, and b: had no intersteller presence.
Post by Thunder Child Actual   » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Thunder Child Actual
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Task Force Games put out a game module for Crusade and the Starfire Design Studio put out modules for ISW4 and Insurrection. The latter two might be a little tough to track down. All of the modules have dates and extra back story as to what else was happening besides what is in the books.
Post by DawnFalcon   » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 pm

DawnFalcon
Midshipman

Thunder Child Actual wrote:Task Force Games put out a game module for Crusade and the Starfire Design Studio put out modules for ISW4 and Insurrection. The latter two might be a little tough to track down. All of the modules have dates and extra back story as to what else was happening besides what is in the books.

You can still order them from the SDS, currently only on their CD offerings though;

http://www.starfiredesign.com/starfire/order/

(Yes, I work on Starfire ^^)

Return to Starfire