Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Anybody read Extremis

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Re: Anybody read Extremis
Post by NormH   » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:33 pm

NormH
Ensign

Fair read, not great but good.
I agree where are the other 5 fleets? Too much left up in the air, story lines not closed, Humans forgive to easy.
No way that humans would get over the killing of kids that easy. Love story was a little far fetched ( between Rim Leader and rebels. He forgives them to easy for wiping out his family. Over all I would rather read a new Bug story......

WinterFlames wrote:Sounds like i read Extrimis, as i remember a resolution with a "Oh wait, the Orions have some too!" Problem at the end. But there is peace (of a sorts) and we finally meet the Tangri!
Re: Anybody read Extremis
Post by munroburton   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:08 pm

munroburton
Admiral

NormH wrote:Fair read, not great but good.
I agree where are the other 5 fleets? Too much left up in the air, story lines not closed, Humans forgive to easy.
No way that humans would get over the killing of kids that easy. Love story was a little far fetched ( between Rim Leader and rebels. He forgives them to easy for wiping out his family. Over all I would rather read a new Bug story......

WinterFlames wrote:Sounds like i read Extrimis, as i remember a resolution with a "Oh wait, the Orions have some too!" Problem at the end. But there is peace (of a sorts) and we finally meet the Tangri!

Well, one remark in Extremis struck me as interesting. When the prime minister is being briefed, he says that Second Fleet has more tonnage than most fleets from ISW4(the Bug war). Waldeck butts in and says that on a per-ton basis, current ships are even more destructive compared to ISW4 ships.

Even if the bugs became aggressively expansionist, they would have trouble reaching their former status at the start of ISW4. And they were planning to take it slowly and cautiously.

Return to Starfire