Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

the future of the starfire series

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
the future of the starfire series
Post by viceadmiral   » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm

viceadmiral
Midshipman

i'm a fervent fan of the starfire series you co-wrote with david white but i was sad to see it end in the middle of the exodus chapter. why you parted ways with mr. white and is there a possible future for that series?
Re: the future of the starfire series
Post by John T Mainer   » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:48 pm

John T Mainer
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Is there a book somewhere about the Rigellian threat? It is referenced frequently, but nowhere have I seen the tales of this struggle.
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:31 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

The Rigellian Threat seems to me to be similar to the Earth-Minbari war in Babylon 5. Loads of references, including comments on what started it and the final outcome, but no real details.

I will admit that in the case of Babylon 5, however, they finally gave in to fan pressure and released a sort-of film which covered the basics and answered a few of the unanswered questions. Seeing the Dark Star getting destroyed by the Earth forces was fairly cool, given that it had been the most powerful and feared ship in the Minbari fleet. But I digress.

We are very unlikely to get the Rigellian Wars from David Weber, he just has too many other things on his list at the moment. But if he hands it off to another author...

Awaiting suggestions as to which author it could be. My personal vote is Aaron Allston. He has a nice sense of humour and is capable of providing unexpected depths to characters.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by SYED   » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:27 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

does any one think the explorer corps would send long term explorations from starless warp points to the nearest system.
Post by SYED   » Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

closed warp points are a huge security risk, the oonly reason they are found it the other end, so possibly more then open points. so huge project to fihure it out. if they make warp points, they should be able to detect them.
Post by Solly   » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Solly
Commander

Michael Everett wrote:The Rigellian Threat seems to me to be similar to the Earth-Minbari war in Babylon 5. Loads of references, including comments on what started it and the final outcome, but no real details.

I will admit that in the case of Babylon 5, however, they finally gave in to fan pressure and released a sort-of film which covered the basics and answered a few of the unanswered questions. Seeing the Dark Star getting destroyed by the Earth forces was fairly cool, given that it had been the most powerful and feared ship in the Minbari fleet. But I digress.

We are very unlikely to get the Rigellian Wars from David Weber, he just has too many other things on his list at the moment. But if he hands it off to another author...

Awaiting suggestions as to which author it could be. My personal vote is Aaron Allston. He has a nice sense of humour and is capable of providing unexpected depths to characters.

Yes David hasn't been able to write in the Star Fire universe for a while but what about Steve White? Has anyone heard if he will write a book about the Rigellian Wars? And B5: In the Beginning really helped me out when I first started watching it, I watched that first and then the series and the other movies in order...lol I'm such a nerd
Post by NormH   » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:26 pm

NormH
Ensign

Will we ever get to see more information (story) on the return of the BUGS, from the system that must be concealed?
Steve White has written two books updating the series following the "Insurrection" time line. But it would be nice to see the Bugs come back, stronger than ever.
Post by Solly   » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Solly
Commander

NormH wrote:Will we ever get to see more information (story) on the return of the BUGS, from the system that must be concealed?
Steve White has written two books updating the series following the "Insurrection" time line. But it would be nice to see the Bugs come back, stronger than ever.

Well White did mention he would continue the series but didn't give any plot hints. Besides it's still a little too early for the bugs to return in my opinion they need to have another enemy and then after that sure the bugs can return. I would really love to see the ISW 3 war between the alliance and the rigellians.
Post by Garth 2   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:30 am

Garth 2
Captain of the List

I would go with the development of the sensors so they can spot certain types of closed points and new era of exploration occurs along with a review of existing systems, resulting in the discover of a threat long though destroyed (just as Terran Federation/Orion alugmation/Terran Republic/the bird people have had a long period of peace and a major build down in there navies).
Post by viciokie   » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:53 pm

viciokie
Captain of the List

NormH wrote:Will we ever get to see more information (story) on the return of the BUGS, from the system that must be concealed?

If the starfire books follow the game more or less the bugs will be found before they can rebuild a battle fleet entirely

Return to Starfire