Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Prequel books

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Prequel books
Post by Unzippedclub   » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:58 pm

Unzippedclub
Midshipman

Hi everyone, long time fan and just found this website. So I have more than enjoyed the Starfire series. I will admit to a bit of bias towards Crusade to Insurrection and not as much of a fan of the post split works. However while it is good to see continued development of the universe, I was wondering if anything has been brought up about the beginning? I find myself wanting to read about ISW 1, 2, and 3 and seeing how the Federation formed. Hopefully I hear great news but I'm not holding my breath.
Re: Prequel books
Post by Mycall4me   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Unzippedclub wrote:Hi everyone, long time fan and just found this website. So I have more than enjoyed the Starfire series. I will admit to a bit of bias towards Crusade to Insurrection and not as much of a fan of the post split works. However while it is good to see continued development of the universe, I was wondering if anything has been brought up about the beginning? I find myself wanting to read about ISW 1, 2, and 3 and seeing how the Federation formed. Hopefully I hear great news but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes, I would like to see how the Rigellians? It's been a long time since I've read (re-read the series [again x 10] LOL) and I don't remember exactly the name and other details of small tidbits of off-hand remarks referring to those aliens and the confrontation, but if I recall correctly it involved the formation of the humans/Orions/Ophiuchis and the alliance they formed to defeat those xenophobic aliens. That story would definitely be an entire book's worth of story.
I'd also like to see a sequel involving that last bug colony. (See my topic for details)
Post by Montrose Toast   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Montrose Toast
Commodore

I suspect there are copyright issues with the IS I-III period since the original wargames published in 1970s covered the major battles of that period...
"Who Dares Wins"
Post by jchilds   » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:19 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

Nexus magazine used to have Starfire related material. I remember at least one article about the universe history, but I don't specifically remember any fiction, nor did I ever read all the issues. There were under 20 issues total, IIRC.
Post by tonyz   » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:35 am

tonyz
Lieutenant Commander

jchilds wrote:Nexus magazine used to have Starfire related material. I remember at least one article about the universe history, but I don't specifically remember any fiction, nor did I ever read all the issues. There were under 20 issues total, IIRC.

18 issues. There were quite a few background pieces on the first three Interstellar Wars, some of them 'fictionalized history', but nothing nearly on the scale of Insurrection/i] or [i]Crusade.
Post by Varangian   » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:00 pm

Varangian
Ensign

Indeed.
Stars at War includes ISW-1,2,-the Gorm/Khanate War and ISW-3 vs the Rigellians.

Return to Starfire