Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Siddarmark Situation

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Siddarmark Situation
Post by jontom   » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:50 am

jontom
Ensign

A better parallel might be Italy, which was a victor in WW1 but felt shortchanged by the postwar settlement.
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:[snip]

Is RFC setting up for Siddarmark to turn into a combination of Imperial Germany and Nazi Germany? There have already been some disturbing parallels.
———————————
It takes two to make peace. It only takes one to make war.
SilverbladeTE wrote:Exactly....

RFC is sort of borrowing from and commenting on history, and, people are people...such things happen because of Human behaviour trends so they kind of repeat themselves as we see in the "real world" today, alas
Peter2 wrote:There is one crucial difference. Siddermark doesn't have the "undefeated army" and "unjust peace treaty" that Adolf Hitler based some of his propaganda on. Of course, they might try manufacturing one . . ..

Of course they are manufacturing a narrative of their own victimization. Charis helped Harchong, Siddermark's enemy in the Jihad rather than help them. They foisted those horrid capitalist practices upon those legacy manufactories run by misguided Sidermarkians. The Charisian Crown Princess is kanoodling with a Dolahran aristocrat, another enemy of Siddermark which caused the nation the most damage.

Pray tell, what hasn't Charis done to insult and brutalize Siddermark? Those arrogant bassids are the cause of all Siddermark's suffering.
Post by feyhunde   » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:33 am

feyhunde
Lieutenant Commander

SilverbladeTE wrote:The Church will fall apart in bloodshed and chaos because that Schueler event guarantees absolute schism with no middle ground.
It will make the Reformation look like an argument over a parking space!
Imagine testimony from St Andrew saying St Peter was an evil scumbag who betrayed Jesus so he could run things himself, setup Judas and murderously hanged him, and could prove that...yeah that'd go down well! :shock:
At a time when Church's ability as moderator and humanitarian facilitator of morals and necessities for civilian life, will never have been greater needed.

I mean the Gospel of Judas exists, and it says more or less the same thing.

Otoh it didn't have a 'visitation' seen by hundreds of people to support it.
Post by SilverbladeTE   » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:33 pm

SilverbladeTE
Commander

feyhunde wrote:
I mean the Gospel of Judas exists, and it says more or less the same thing.

Otoh it didn't have a 'visitation' seen by hundreds of people to support it.

Well, to paraphrase Merlin, I didn't want to get tacky ;)
Paul and many others horribly twisted things to form a religion they could hammer into other folk.
Trying to get a clear picture of what a working class, married, Jewish anti-authoritarian rabbi actually said and any facts...got buried under politics etc, same with the Torah though few will ever admit it
But the historical evidence to support claims of out right lies and aduleration exist.

Personally, I think Jesus was moved by the spirit of God but he wasn't "god" or any other such, folk tacked that on as they want a "Big Daddy in the sky" who's bigger than everyone else's Daddy...so they can feel safe! :roll:
Good and evil, spirituality, are a LOT more than that infantile kind of B.S., sigh and most folk ain't up to really thinking about it.

"By the fruit of their tree ye shall know them"
"Do unto.others as you would be done by yourself"
"Better to tie a millstone around your neck and jump in the millpond than harm an innocent"
"Love one another"
Etc
amazing wisdom, parables with many subtle insights and meanings, compassion.

Hence I consider myself "Christian" but I can't abide organized religion, especially because of the obscene sectarianism in my part of the world, even as a kid I could feel the hate and evil of it and rejected BOTH sides' garbage...which as we now know was funded by the nobles and industrialists in late 1800s onwards so workers would fight each other over idiot labels, rather than band together for better conditions.

Ironically all that helped wreck the rich wahoos too in the end, because without honest friendly inclusion and respect on both sides of the workplace, things go badly.
Thus their lousy management drove things into the ground but also caused catastrophic, deadly pollution here

Christ the Peacemaker...and people really did shout in the Wars of Religion:
"Holy Jesus and no quarter!"
Ick :(
There's no greater miracle than young life
No greater battle than building peaceful societies for children to grow in safety
And no chapel, kirk, mosque, synagogue, temple or whatever approaches the beauty and majesty of the world around us.
And gold...asteroids are full of the stuff and you can't eat it
Post by Michae   » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:31 am

Michae
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Just a note but you might want to be careful with making statements such as "we know" as not everyone here shares your opinion. Also
with the Christ the Peacemaker...and people really did shout in the Wars of Religion:"Holy Jesus and no quarter!"

if you had a group of idiots shouting statements that they profess that attribute you you,would you not wish that they had the good sense to shut up or at the very minimum keep such statements to themselves?

Return to Safehold