Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

A note to the author about the new book

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: A note to the author about the new book
Post by bkwormlisa   » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 pm

bkwormlisa
Commander

Keith_w wrote:
Meshakhad wrote:Actually, I think the Safehold series could do with a "Worlds of Honor" style short story compendium. You could include Merlin and Nynian's wedding, along with other side stories that aren't necessary, but help flesh out the setting more. Backstory on Harchong and Siddarmark, some of the tales of Saint Kohdy, Nahrmann studying Terran history with Owl...

As much as I would love to see many of these stories, please stop giving him ideas that would slow down the production of mainline books. Unless of course it was just an "outtakes" book of stuff that he decided didn't fit in the mainline book ;)

Oh dear. I find myself agreeing with both of you, and I don't know which way to jump! Perhaps having other authors write many of the stories, as in the Honorverse? Some of them I like and many I skip, but there's no way around that and not all of the skips are written by others. Still, I'd rather find out what happens next than fill in the backstory, so I think my vote goes to Keith. Full steam ahead! :lol:
Post by Daryl   » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:17 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I thoroughly enjoy all of RFC's books and series, but my preference is for Naval gazing, rather than Navel gazing. In Safehold I'd prefer to have less romantic scenes and more military action. Still great books though.
Post by Erls   » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

Meshakhad wrote:Actually, I think the Safehold series could do with a "Worlds of Honor" style short story compendium. You could include Merlin and Nynian's wedding, along with other side stories that aren't necessary, but help flesh out the setting more. Backstory on Harchong and Siddarmark, some of the tales of Saint Kohdy, Nahrmann studying Terran history with Owl...

This would be incredible. And there are so many options.

Story of first contact with Gbaba.
Story of how Langhorne et al corrupted the plan.
Story of the War of the Fallen.
Story of Haarhald learning about the Brothers.
Story of how Rhobair became the man he is/was.
Story of a Harchong peasant who becomes a top NCO in the Mighty Host.
And on, and on, and on...
Post by Isilith   » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Isilith
Captain (Junior Grade)

Erls wrote:

This would be incredible. And there are so many options.

Story of first contact with Gbaba.
Story of how Langhorne et al corrupted the plan.
Story of the War of the Fallen.
Story of Haarhald learning about the Brothers.
Story of how Rhobair became the man he is/was.
Story of a Harchong peasant who becomes a top NCO in the Mighty Host.
And on, and on, and on...

Yes, this please!!!

Return to Safehold