Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Moments you want to see in the next book (TFT Spoilers)

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Moments you want to see in the next book (TFT Spoilers)
Post by DMcCunney   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:16 pm

DMcCunney
Captain of the List

SilverbladeTE wrote:Love for Spring Flower to sit down on his toilet...and notice some writing on his expensive, imported toilet paper...as he hears a click...oops!
He's sat on "Shan-Wei' foot stool"
Nah. The IC just needs to have a stealthed remote replace his chamber pot with a Narhmann special. The Emperor's face might be a good one to have in the bowl, especially if a little bird whispers in his ear that it's what Spring Flower takes a dump on. :P
______
Dennis
Post by phillies   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:29 pm

phillies
Admiral

Yes, a cover centered on Nimue rather than Merlin would be good. Nimue rather than Merlin taking the lead on things would be good.

The Grand Vicar receiving a message that the Archangel Scheuler himself appeared on his day would be amusing. The report that Scheuler made an important theological statement, and left behind a volume of new testament, an addition to The Writ, covers being laced with jewels bathed in God's Fire, and indestructible pages, would attract attention.

The Grand Vicar, noting that the holy fire was seen, asking the Church of Charis for the loan of a seijin on the groudns that seijin unlike men can approach the holy fire, might be amusing. And when the conservative asks 'but these people are given over to Shan-Wei', the response is 'in that case, being confrotned by an archangel may save their sould if not their bodies'.
Post by Alex Vincent   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:09 pm

Alex Vincent
Midshipman

Dennis, I have that Amtrak Guest Rewards card as well. Last July, because of that card, I had a free round-trip on Amtrak from Oakland, CA to Seattle, WA for a two-week trip. The first week was "vacation", even though I scheduled a tech talk during three days of a conference there. Still a ton of fun. The second week was a work week.

One of the best parts was the sleeper cabin we also got for free. It may be cramped, but it's very nice: a rolling hotel with the food paid for. Plus, the Coast Starlight always provides fantastic scenery. I very much prefer train rides to flights.

My two cents. It's going to be a while before I build up enough points to do that again.

But back on topic: I have nothing against Merlin. I just want to see Nimue on the cover having some fun.
Post by DMcCunney   » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:24 pm

DMcCunney
Captain of the List

Alex Vincent wrote:Dennis, I have that Amtrak Guest Rewards card as well. Last July, because of that card, I had a free round-trip on Amtrak from Oakland, CA to Seattle, WA for a two-week trip. The first week was "vacation", even though I scheduled a tech talk during three days of a conference there. Still a ton of fun. The second week was a work week.

One of the best parts was the sleeper cabin we also got for free. It may be cramped, but it's very nice: a rolling hotel with the food paid for. Plus, the Coast Starlight always provides fantastic scenery. I very much prefer train rides to flights.
Haven't taken a sleeper yet. My travel is mostly NE Corridor, with trips 5 hrs or less. A friend was going to Chicago from PA, didn't want to drive, and didn't want to fly. My SO booked him a round-trip online with a sleepr car, and he and another friend shared it. (He's technically challenged, and could not have done it.) I said "The sleeper has two bunks. You have one. Don has the other. All he needs is his passenger ticket." He was quite happy with it.

I haven't had reason to fly in a while, and I'm happy about that.
My two cents. It's going to be a while before I build up enough points to do that again.
Still a neat deal, and why you accumulate points.
But back on topic: I have nothing against Merlin. I just want to see Nimue on the cover having some fun.
I think that would be neat, too. She's already appeared with Merlin. Perhaps it's time she got a solo shot.
______
Dennis
Post by PlaysWithBees   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:49 am

PlaysWithBees
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Nimue in a no-holds-barred bare-knuckle brawl against a Siddarmark Mob set on lynching some pro-Charis people.

More about Khody......

Some cliffhanger out of the left field bleachers....

Alahana installed as Princess of Chisholm similar to the Prince of Wales giving her ruling experience before she has to take over the Empire. Both Charis and Chisholm deserve in resident executives rather than just a viceroy counselor.
Post by DMcCunney   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:46 am

DMcCunney
Captain of the List

PlaysWithBees wrote:Nimue in a no-holds-barred bare-knuckle brawl against a Siddarmark Mob set on lynching some pro-Charis people.
Figure it will be like what she did to the idiot Corisandian Royal Guard lieutenant, only with more targets. To make it more fun, have her incognito and not wearing her Imperial Guard armor.

Any guess as to how many of the mob will admit a single small woman beat them senseless? :P
More about Khody......
Yep. I'd like to know whether he ever actually got to talk to Schueler when he went to Zion..
Some cliffhanger out of the left field bleachers....

Alahana installed as Princess of Chisholm similar to the Prince of Wales giving her ruling experience before she has to take over the Empire. Both Charis and Chisholm deserve in resident executives rather than just a viceroy counselor.
Not sure it's needed. She's an IC member, is very smart, and has been raised by her parents to be their heir. She gets on the job training just by watching them, and you can assume they later explain whythey did what they did.

But I do wonder when we'll see someone from Chisholm in the Inner Circle. Sir Ahlber Zhustan might do nicely.
______
Dennis
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:28 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Well, first one thing I missed in TFT is more info about Paityr Wylsynn besides the fact that he's now a Bishop. Is he married? If so, does he have children? And so forth.

So I'd love to have more scenes with him in the next book.

Oh. Assuming that Nahrmahn isn't responsible for Schueler's appearance, I'd love for Bishop Paityr Wylsynn to receive his own copy (directly from Schueler) of the Testimony of Schueler. :twisted:
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by DMcCunney   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:56 pm

DMcCunney
Captain of the List

DrakBibliophile wrote:Well, first one thing I missed in TFT is more info about Paityr Wylsynn besides the fact that he's now a Bishop. Is he married? If so, does he have children? And so forth.

Oh. Assuming that Nahrmahn isn't responsible for Schueler's appearance, I'd love for Bishop Paityr Wylsynn to receive his own copy (directly from Schueler) of the Testimony of Schueler. :twisted:

I don't see Schueler giving him his own copy, as how would he get it to Charis?

I can see Paityr visiting the Temple as Staynair's official representative to see the Testimony of Schueler first hand.
______
Dennis
Post by TangoLima   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:59 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

I'd like to see an electricity demonstration similar
to Merlin's steam demonstration. Test the QBS to see
if it is up and what it's technology threshold/limits
are. Speculation by the IC is all well and good,
however empirical data is needed.
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:43 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Schueler is an Archangel so of course He can get a copy to his Great-Great-Great (etc) Grandson. :twisted:

Getting a bit more serious, if the appearance of Schueler wasn't Nahrmahn's doing, then whoever/whatever did it likely has Terran Federation Technology and thus could get a copy to Bishop Paityr even in Charis. ;)

DMcCunney wrote:
DrakBibliophile wrote:Well, first one thing I missed in TFT is more info about Paityr Wylsynn besides the fact that he's now a Bishop. Is he married? If so, does he have children? And so forth.

I don't see Schueler giving him his own copy, as how would he get it to Charis?

I can see Paityr visiting the Temple as Staynair's official representative to see the Testimony of Schueler first hand.
______
Dennis
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]

Return to Safehold