Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests

The 'Turons of Tellsburg' - Jonathan Davis' Fiery Trial

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: The 'Turons of Tellsburg' - Jonathan Davis' Fiery Trial
Post by Fiannawolf   » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Fiannawolf
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I suppose this will be pretty much my last post on the subject.

The silent majority likes his narrative chops on this book. 51 5 stars vs all the 1,2 and 3 combined makes it 53. Not even counting the 4s. Many more people have been happy enough with the work.

So basically the positive def. outweighs the negative.

Sure, you can leave all the reviews you want but most, including myself, usually leave ratings and carry on with more books.

9 times out of 10 I don't even leave an actual rating. I mostly vote with my wallet and safehold will still get my money no problem. In both ebook and audible version.

And even if you want to help its highly unlikely anyone from the forums would get picked because we are already biased towards the series. :P It would be like insider trading.

PS: Please let Safehold avenge Earth at some point. XD The Gbaba have it coming.
Re: The 'Turons of Tellsburg' - Jonathan Davis' Fiery Trial
Post by BernieBerns   » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:34 am

BernieBerns
Midshipman

Wow... I'm stunned. :o

It's 3am, I go to check out the new audiobook and I read in the reviews about another pronunciation problem. I take a half hour to try and get Mr. Weber's contact info to shoot him an email and I finally stumble upon this. Fans, narrator, author and all.

I gotta say Mr. Weber, the world you've created is truly inspiring. Love the mash of scifi and historical.

And for Mr. Davis, it's been enlightening to read from your perspective. From the sample I heard, you narrate well and I'm glad you cared enough to address the fans.

I share Aurabass's passion for the audiobooks and I hope that the issue can be mended (if possible).

As a fan, Mr. Weber, I think it's important to relay to you that things like audibooks, and especially podcasts, are becoming incredibly popular mediums of entertainment. Auidobooks are no laughing matter :evil: heheh.

Even the late Robert Jordan himself would only listen to his books, never even read them!

Return to Safehold