Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chris86_154 and 15 guests

New Maps ?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
New Maps ?
Post by Randomiser   » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:41 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Now that TFT has been published, are the new maps online anywhere? If not can we have them please? Kindle is just so poor for maps. Come to think of it, a map I can zoom into on my screen is lots better than one in the hardback I would be peering at as well.
Re: New Maps ?
Post by EdThomas   » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:58 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

Haven't read the book yet but screenshots from the "lookinside" pages seem to be pretty good. Turning the png's into jpegs and increasing the bit count makes a big difference.
Post by Randomiser   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

EdThomas wrote:Haven't read the book yet but screenshots from the "lookinside" pages seem to be pretty good. Turning the png's into jpegs and increasing the bit count makes a big difference.

Thanks for this. I got something usable after a bit of fiddling. I don't understand your last sentence though.

Strange thing is my little Windows touchscreen tablet lets me blow up the Kindle maps but my desktop wont. Go figure.
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:59 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Going from the dead tree version - I have a few thoughts for things that would help

a scale
a year in the title
a key of what the different line styles mean. ForEx on the map of Harchong are any railways shwon

Return to Safehold