Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Pinging Olegreyowl!

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Pinging Olegreyowl!
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:16 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I hope you are still around, good buddy. I was hoping that you could provide updated etas for the TFT HC through Barnes and Nobel.

I have a pre-order in Denver but am more than willing to drive some distance to buy it sooner if those books are being shipped elsewhere first.

I've been lucky in the past and have gotten it more than I week before the official release. Any help you can give for when these books are being shipped and where is truly appreciated.
Re: Pinging Olegreyowl!
Post by Olegreyowl   » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:22 am

Olegreyowl
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

PeterZ wrote:I hope you are still around, good buddy. I was hoping that you could provide updated etas for the TFT HC through Barnes and Nobel.

I have a pre-order in Denver but am more than willing to drive some distance to buy it sooner if those books are being shipped elsewhere first.

I've been lucky in the past and have gotten it more than I week before the official release. Any help you can give for when these books are being shipped and where is truly appreciated.

Currently (as of close of business 12-14-18), no warehouse or B&N store reports stock. Like previous releases it is showing as a soft release. Meaning stores may sell copies the moment the get them rather than having to wait until the official pub date. I'll keep an eye on it and let you all know.
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:18 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Olegreyowl wrote:
PeterZ wrote:I hope you are still around, good buddy. I was hoping that you could provide updated etas for the TFT HC through Barnes and Nobel.

Currently (as of close of business 12-14-18), no warehouse or B&N store reports stock. Like previous releases it is showing as a soft release. Meaning stores may sell copies the moment the get them rather than having to wait until the official pub date. I'll keep an eye on it and let you all know.

Thanks!
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:00 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Last I checked none are in yet. Not sure the internal system is more up to date or not.
Have any been shipped yet, OGO?
Post by Olegreyowl   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:45 am

Olegreyowl
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Good Morning all.

Quantity has hit B&N distribution and some stores have them now.

Athens GA
Peachtree Corners GA
Mall of Georgia
Buckhead GA
Newnan GA
Columbus GA
Ashville NC
Huntsville AL both locations
Biringham AL
Columbia SC
Hoover AL
Murfreesboro TN
Pineville NC
Brentwood TN
Dothan AL
Hendersonville TN
Tuscaloosa AL
Savannah GA
Hilton Head Island SC
Florence SC

I don't see anything out west but they should get them within a day or two.

Enjoy!
Post by LordSunhawk   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:26 pm

LordSunhawk
Ensign

B&N's in the Phoenix area apparently have them, I got mine last night at the B&N at Shea and 90th in Scottsdale.
Post by FriarBob   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:03 pm

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

Olegreyowl wrote:Good Morning all.

Quantity has hit B&N distribution and some stores have them now.... I don't see anything out west but they should get them within a day or two.

Do you know if any of the locations near Cincinnati have any yet? We're only "mid"-west... and I think we're actually further east than some of those TN/AL/etc locations you just listed.
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:17 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

FriarBob wrote:
Olegreyowl wrote:Good Morning all.

Quantity has hit B&N distribution and some stores have them now.... I don't see anything out west but they should get them within a day or two.

Do you know if any of the locations near Cincinnati have any yet? We're only "mid"-west... and I think we're actually further east than some of those TN/AL/etc locations you just listed.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/through-fiery-trials-david-weber/1128511031?ean=9780765325594#/

Yes, it looks like Cincy Barnes and Nobel's have copies. Unlike Denver! This link should be for stores within 100 miles of 45201 zip code.
Post by Fireflair   » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:29 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

Unfortunately my store in Florence, KY doesn't have it yet. Don't worry, Amazon will deliver on time!

Side note, this is one reason I stopped shopping at my local B&N. They just so rarely carry the titles I want in stock, even if they are new releases by best selling authors.
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:14 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Fireflair wrote:Unfortunately my store in Florence, KY doesn't have it yet. Don't worry, Amazon will deliver on time!

Side note, this is one reason I stopped shopping at my local B&N. They just so rarely carry the titles I want in stock, even if they are new releases by best selling authors.

Yeah, I'm going to cancel my order at B&N if I have to wait until Tuesday. I can get the Kindle for less than the dead tree.

Return to Safehold