Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Spoilers-Amazon's "Look Inside" TFT Spoilers-

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Spoilers-Amazon's "Look Inside" TFT Spoilers-
Post by phillies   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:51 pm

phillies
Admiral

Vinea wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:
Gosh, what interesting speculation! :lol:

It could be any of the above, I suppose. Of course, there are problems with any one of them, aren't there?

If it's an artifact left by the actual Schueler, why did he leave it, where has it been all this time, and what prompted it to activate now?

If it's not an artifact left by the actual Schueler but the inner circle isn't responsible for it, who else might have been responsible and what could they possibly be after?

If it's the work of the inner circle, what could have inspired them to abandon their "no miracles" approach and what the heck happened to "always tell the truth, even if it's not exactly what your audience thinks it's hearing"?

My, oh, my! Questions, questions!

All I can say is . . . .

Tum-Te-Tum-Te-Tum. :twisted:

Has anyone mentioned recently that you aren't very nice? Just sayin'

Of all the Amazon perks one that I would like would be the ability to buy ARCs for anything they have "Look Inside" text for...I assume they have a close to final draft when that appears...

Where was it left? I don't know. It's not that someone would be using it as a paperweight, would it be? Say on an Inquisitor's desk all these years?
Post by justdave   » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:14 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

runsforcelery wrote:<Big spoiler big spoiler big spoiler>
Amazon preview 2nd to the last page
In Schueler's church, Schueler appears and gives a book
He also says it was not "Shan-wei that fell it was Chichiro that lied."

It could be any of the above, I suppose. Of course, there are problems with any one of them, aren't there?

If it's an artifact left by the actual Schueler, why did he leave it, where has it been all this time, and what prompted it to activate now?

If it's not an artifact left by the actual Schueler but the inner circle isn't responsible for it, who else might have been responsible and what could they possibly be after?

If it's the work of the inner circle, what could have inspired them to abandon their "no miracles" approach and what the heck happened to "always tell the truth, even if it's not exactly what your audience thinks it's hearing"?

All I can say is . . . .

Tum-Te-Tum-Te-Tum. :twisted:[/quote]

is it a lie?

could it be the version in the original writ from the cave?

could it be that Kody's last visit to Schueler had an effect on Schueler, besides getting Kody murdered?

no answers until the next book, drat!
Post by jlrice54   » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:10 pm

jlrice54
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I've always wondered if when Seijin Khody went to Zion to ask Schueler for answers to what troubled him, that both Schueler and Khody were killed by Chichiro or forces loyal to Chichiro. It will be nice to find out more information about what was going on during that period. If Chichiro was the one who "fell" or lied, I suspect he wouldn't let a couple of murders stop what he wanted to accomplish. Schueler might have had a suspicion of what Chichiro's ultimate goal was and placed his lost testament somewhere to be found like a "To Be Opened In The Event Of My Death" letter. For the last millenium, Chichiro could have been blackening Schueler's name by attributing the Book of Schueler and all it's ghastly punishments to Schueler instead of incorporating it into his own book of the Writ.
Post by wingfield   » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:04 pm

wingfield
Lieutenant Commander

All I can say is . . . .

is it a lie?

could it be that Kody's last visit to Schueler had an effect on Schueler, besides getting Kody murdered?

no answers until the next book, drat![/quote]

It seems to this very infrequent poster that the high page number (700+) linked to some of these spoilers is quite suggestive of a nice cliff hanger being built into the end of this new book, thus prolonging our agony right on into 2020!
Post by Bluestrike2   » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Bluestrike2
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

wingfield wrote:

is it a lie?

no answers until the next book, drat!

It seems to this very infrequent poster that the high page number (700+) linked to some of these spoilers is quite suggestive of a nice cliff hanger being built into the end of this new book, thus prolonging our agony right on into 2020!

Oh, we've all noticed. We just don't want to admit it. Grrr.
Post by pboer323   » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 pm

pboer323
Midshipman

PeterZ wrote:I would like to post speculation on this thread for all those who want to discuss Through Fiery Trials and have read the previews available on Amazon and anywhere else. This goes further than the snippets RFC has made available.

So anyone who prefers not to know, please do not read the posts in this thread.

I am waiting to add to this thread so those who want to avoid this can be warned. Anyone can add to this thread if they choose.

Okay how do you see the look inside? I am in my amazon account and see nothing on look inside. I preordered the book and the page has no link for the look inside

Nevermind I had too many pop up blockers enabled
Post by phillies   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:26 am

phillies
Admiral

Vinea wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:

All I can say is . . . .

Has anyone mentioned recently that you aren't very nice? Just sayin'

Of all the Amazon perks one that I would like would be the ability to buy ARCs for anything they have "Look Inside" text for...I assume they have a close to final draft when that appears...

Nonsense. The author is the nicest person imaginable. He actually is.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:50 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

phillies wrote:Nonsense. The author is the nicest person imaginable. He actually is.

Seconded. His wife is awesome too, she allowed me to cameo her in one of my stories!

I still think that the sheer unexpectedness of the request helped. RFC must be tired of "I like your books, please put me in one" so "I like your books, can I please cameo you or your wife in one of my stories Institute Saga 3, Chapters 17 & 21" must have made him pause for a moment.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

pboer323 wrote:
PeterZ wrote:I would like to post speculation on this thread for all those who want to discuss Through Fiery Trials and have read the previews available on Amazon and anywhere else. This goes further than the snippets RFC has made available.

So anyone who prefers not to know, please do not read the posts in this thread.

I am waiting to add to this thread so those who want to avoid this can be warned. Anyone can add to this thread if they choose.

Okay how do you see the look inside? I am in my amazon account and see nothing on look inside. I preordered the book and the page has no link for the look inside

Nevermind I had too many pop up blockers enabled

The "look inside" feature is available for the Hard Cover but not the Kindle version. Click on the HC and then click on the cover for the book once the "look inside" feature appears atop the cover.
Post by shayvaan   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:12 pm

shayvaan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

pbreed wrote:<Big spoiler big spoiler big spoiler>
Amazon preview 2nd to the last page
In Schueler's church, Schueler appears and gives a book
He also says it was not "Shan-wei that fell it was Chichiro that lied."

What I was trying to understand was if this was operation Androcles or not. I totally missed that Androcles was Schueler's first name so yeah that is way cool,

Not seeing this :(
Something else I need to do?

Return to Safehold