Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Spoilers-Amazon's "Look Inside" TFT Spoilers-

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Spoilers-Amazon's "Look Inside" TFT Spoilers-
Post by cnrd22   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

PeterZ wrote:I don't. However, besides Sharley and Irys, there is only two others that fit the bill per the discussion. Merlin's and Nynian's daughter and Green Vally's wife. Not sure that Irys would be a good or bad option given their closer genetic relationship AND her proximity to the throne. Odds are it is GV's wife, but I speculate Irys would have strong emotional motivations to donate.

In the "look inside" I have (when logged in with prime), I get pages 294-26 skipped where the actual birth occurs, but then page 297 starts like this:

"northern genes” than Sharleyan’s or Irys’ would have. Well, Irys’ chestnut hair probably would have come close enough, but the Daikyn chin had a tendency to breed true and they’d decided against risking any “family resemblances,” despite the fact that she and Koryn were cousins."

and then it goes a few more pages about the new "Seijin Krystin Nylsyn", who is a much transformed Hairyet Trumyn (presumed dead of ovarian cancer) friend of Elayn Ahdyms (now Clareyk) as they are both from the same Siddamarkian town (though they only met trying to survive during the Jihad) and who will be the nanny/doctor to the Gahrvai household, so presumably it was Elayn who indeed donated the eggs.

And then from this happy event, the preview skips two pages to get on page 303 and the death of protector Stohnar from a heart attack...
Post by Theemile   » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

cnrd22 wrote:
PeterZ wrote:I don't. However, besides Sharley and Irys, there is only two others that fit the bill per the discussion. Merlin's and Nynian's daughter and Green Vally's wife. Not sure that Irys would be a good or bad option given their closer genetic relationship AND her proximity to the throne. Odds are it is GV's wife, but I speculate Irys would have strong emotional motivations to donate.

In the "look inside" I have (when logged in with prime), I get pages 294-26 skipped where the actual birth occurs, but then page 297 starts like this:

"northern genes” than Sharleyan’s or Irys’ would have. Well, Irys’ chestnut hair probably would have come close enough, but the Daikyn chin had a tendency to breed true and they’d decided against risking any “family resemblances,” despite the fact that she and Koryn were cousins."

and then it goes a few more pages about the new "Seijin Krystin Nylsyn", who is a much transformed Hairyet Trumyn (presumed dead of ovarian cancer) friend of Elayn Ahdyms (now Clareyk) as they are both from the same Siddamarkian town (though they only met trying to survive during the Jihad) and who will be the nanny/doctor to the Gahrvai household, so presumably it was Elayn who indeed donated the eggs.

And then from this happy event, the preview skips two pages to get on page 303 and the death of protector Stohnar from a heart attack...

My view inside had none of what you described available for me to view. Other parts, yes, but not those.

and yes, I already have purchased the book... through Amazon...

It appears that each person sees his own set of snippets. very interesting.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:29 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I wonder if I pre-order, will I get more of the book available for a preview?
Post by Direwolf18   » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

PeterZ wrote:I wonder if I pre-order, will I get more of the book available for a preview?

That seems to be the case, people are seeing stuff I can not. That being said I do not want to pre order because I can usually find it a few days before amazon will ship because Tor is not a strict on sale date.
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:40 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Direwolf18 wrote:
PeterZ wrote:I wonder if I pre-order, will I get more of the book available for a preview?

That seems to be the case, people are seeing stuff I can not. That being said I do not want to pre order because I can usually find it a few days before amazon will ship because Tor is not a strict on sale date.

Ayup. That's what I am waiting for also. I will buy the ebook some time later, but will buy the HC at BN usually a week before Amazon ships.
Post by cnrd22   » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:11 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

PeterZ wrote:Ayup. That's what I am waiting for also. I will buy the ebook some time later, but will buy the HC at BN usually a week before Amazon ships.

I do same so no preorder, it's just that Look Inside is very weird - for the previous volume, I got a page or two from the end with the scene when Rayno got the knife in the back...

This time, it stops at page 358 (with lots of skips of course but lots of pages too) in October 907 book-time (and then it jumps to the glossary), though I need to be logged in with my prime account, otherwise the Look inside is limited
Post by pbreed   » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:15 am

pbreed
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Wow...
I can go to page 725, and its a really interesting page...
Post by Theemile   » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:31 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Direwolf18 wrote:

I've already pre-ordered and am still limited. perhaps less than others, but they are still seeing different things than I am.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Julia Minor   » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Julia Minor
Commander

Theemile wrote:
My view inside had none of what you described available for me to view. Other parts, yes, but not those.

Another Prime member here, who pre-ordered the Kindle version months ago, and my view only goes to page 204 (with some skips) and then on to a set of excerpts from the glossary.

OTOH, I'm accessing it through AmazonSmile instead of the main site, so that could make a difference. And it's not that much longer until I'll be getting the full e-book.
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:14 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Julia Minor wrote:
Theemile wrote:

Another Prime member here, who pre-ordered the Kindle version months ago, and my view only goes to page 204 (with some skips) and then on to a set of excerpts from the glossary.

OTOH, I'm accessing it through AmazonSmile instead of the main site, so that could make a difference. And it's not that much longer until I'll be getting the full e-book.

I am a Prime member accessing it from the main site and I get the same 204 pages. I did get a couple of pages in 534-536.

Return to Safehold