Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Theme Songs for Safehold Characters

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Theme Songs for Safehold Characters
Post by Tararoys   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Tararoys
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Let's play a game of Safehold Theme Songs!

So, what theme music do you hear when each character comes on stage?

Rohbair Duchairn is obviously Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas. I mean, that's a no-brainer. Carry on my wayward son/ there'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest/ don't you cry no more :D

Merlin Athrawes: Trouble by Avicii. The part where it says "I'm a million miles ahead of where I'm from/ But there's still another million miles to come" is a perfect description of Merlin's task

Cayleb Ahrmahk: Prince of the World by Heavenly. The relevant lyrics are "Crossing the valleys/ The seven seas all over the earth/ And I'm swearing on my honour/ To dethrone the prince of the world"

Sharlyan Ahrmahk: Stand my ground by Within Temptation. The lyrics that make me shiver are "Stand my ground, I won't give in/ No more denying, I got to face it/ Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside/ If I don't make it, someone else will stand my ground"

What tunes do you all hear when characters come on-page?
Re: Theme Songs for Safehold Characters
Post by Kael Posavatz   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Kael Posavatz
Lieutenant Commander

Eh.

I recall at one point the comms the inner circle is passing around like party favors have ring tones and Merlin's is set to 'Anchor's Aweigh.'

It sort of struck me as an odd choice because I figured it would be 'Hearts of Oak' but maybe Rock Point got to it first.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:47 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

If you think Maikel Staynair's isn't "Here I Am, Lord", you've another think coming. :D
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by edgeworthy   » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:37 pm

edgeworthy

I would imagine that Prince Nahrmahn of Emerald would always enter to "The Dance of the Marionettes"

(The theme to "Alfred Hitchcock Presents")
Post by jchilds   » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:48 pm

jchilds
Captain of the List

Gilligan's Island theme...
Post by Kael Posavatz   » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:16 pm

Kael Posavatz
Lieutenant Commander

roseandheather wrote:If you think Maikel Staynair's isn't "Here I Am, Lord", you've another think coming. :D

Would that make Eastshare's "Onward, Charisian Soldiers"?

And I suppose Green Valley is almost obligated to use theme music from Superman.
Post by Tararoys   » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:32 am

Tararoys

And Zhasphar Clyntahn's theme song is The Game by Disturbed. The music goes perfectly with his screaming tantrums.
Post by emeye   » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:03 am

emeye
Commander

But, surely it would be Brain Damage by Pink Floyd, specifically "The lunatic is in the hall" verse. The guitar riff alone would suffice.

Tararoys wrote:And Zhasphar Clyntahn's theme song is The Game by Disturbed. The music goes perfectly with his screaming tantrums.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:55 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Kael Posavatz wrote:Eh.

I recall at one point the comms the inner circle is passing around like party favors have ring tones and Merlin's is set to 'Anchor's Aweigh.'

It sort of struck me as an odd choice because I figured it would be 'Hearts of Oak' but maybe Rock Point got to it first.

Actually, the Anchors Aweigh for for Dominck Stainair - which does make sense, since he is Lord High Admiral
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Safehold