Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Safeholdian Scotch

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Safeholdian Scotch
Post by jlrice54   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:08 am

jlrice54
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Erls wrote:
It is indeed, but I would love to see a "Macallan" or "Talisker" reference just to confirm that Chisholm is carrying on the tradition of Scotch.

Which is one of humanities greatest creations, imho.

Very true but I was almost hoping that Seijin Kohdy's Premium Blend would have turned out to be a really good bourbon.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:13 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

jlrice54 wrote:
Erls wrote:
It is indeed, but I would love to see a "Macallan" or "Talisker" reference just to confirm that Chisholm is carrying on the tradition of Scotch.

Which is one of humanities greatest creations, imho.

Very true but I was almost hoping that Seijin Kohdy's Premium Blend would have turned out to be a really good bourbon.
It would be a first if it was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Keith_w   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:18 am

Keith_w
Commodore

Bluesqueak wrote:
Direwolf18 wrote:
Chisholmian whiskeys are definitely not whisky, because whisky-without-an-e only comes from Scotland. Damn the Gbaba!

Here in Canada, we also spell Canadian Whisky without the "e", although our vendors of golden delights generally defer to the source of the product and use their spellings, thus Whisky for Scotland, Whiskey for Ireland and the United States. Reviewing the listings for our provincial vendor, the LCBO, I see that Japan, India, France and Sweden also defer to Scotland for their spelling of Whisky.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by runsforcelery   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:21 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Keith_w wrote:
Direwolf18 wrote:
Chisholmian whiskeys are definitely not whisky, because whisky-without-an-e only comes from Scotland. Damn the Gbaba!

Here in Canada, we also spell Canadian Whisky without the "e", although our vendors of golden delights generally defer to the source of the product and use their spellings, thus Whisky for Scotland, Whiskey for Ireland and the United States. Reviewing the listings for our provincial vendor, the LCBO, I see that Japan, India, France and Sweden also defer to Scotland for their spelling of Whisky.

Hate to tell you guys this, but Langhorne was an Amurican. No "e" in anybody's whisk[e]y on Safehold. Sorry.

Having said, the Out Islands tend more toward the malts; the Mainland tends more towards corn; and there actually are a few regions (which you have not yet met) where they make a pretty decent vodka. There is some spillover between the various regions, however, and much discussion about which is the superior tipple.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:12 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The electronic version I have of A Mighty Fortress spells it Whiskey.

Of course it also says the proper way to drink it is with water so ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by runsforcelery   » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:07 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

runsforcelery wrote:
Direwolf18 wrote:

Keith_w wrote:Here in Canada, we also spell Canadian Whisky without the "e", although our vendors of golden delights generally defer to the source of the product and use their spellings, thus Whisky for Scotland, Whiskey for Ireland and the United States. Reviewing the listings for our provincial vendor, the LCBO, I see that Japan, India, France and Sweden also defer to Scotland for their spelling of Whisky.

Hate to tell you guys this, but Langhorne was an Amurican. No "e" in anybody's whisk[e]y on Safehold. Sorry.

Having said, the Out Islands tend more toward the malts; the Mainland tends more towards corn; and there actually are a few regions (which you have not yet met) where they make a pretty decent vodka. There is some spillover between the various regions, however, and much discussion about which is the superior tipple.

Whups! Sorry, was late and my brain misfired. I meant to say that all whiskeys have the "e" and I said exactly the opposite. :oops:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.

Return to Safehold