Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

The Dawn Star and Chihiro

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
The Dawn Star and Chihiro
Post by Joat42   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Joat42
Admiral

In HFQ, March YoG 897 chapter X after the inner circle has read Kohdy's journal and are discussing it the analysis show that Chihiro and his followers have kept the Hamilcar around and are modifying Langhorne's original plan.

Considering that, it seems entirely possible that the Hamilcar is still around. But how to survive almost a millennia?

Some has speculated that they have built their own PICA's or used cryogenics but cryogenics are only good for around 300 years. Others have speculated that they have been traveling in the Hamilcar at relativistic speeds but that poses other problems.

But what if they used a black hole to retard time? Could the Federation tech handle that?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Re: The Dawn Star and Chihiro
Post by ywing14   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:11 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Joat42 wrote:In HFQ, March YoG 897 chapter X after the inner circle has read Kohdy's journal and are discussing it the analysis show that Chihiro and his followers have kept the Hamilcar around and are modifying Langhorne's original plan.

Considering that, it seems entirely possible that the Hamilcar is still around. But how to survive almost a millennia?

Some has speculated that they have built their own PICA's or used cryogenics but cryogenics are only good for around 300 years. Others have speculated that they have been traveling in the Hamilcar at relativistic speeds but that poses other problems.

But what if they used a black hole to retard time? Could the Federation tech handle that?

Unlikely, they'd have to leave the system to find a blackhole. I see no good reason for them, given their objectives, to leave the system.
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:Considering that, it seems entirely possible that the Hamilcar is still around. But how to survive almost a millennia?

I'm almost certain that RFC has explicitly stated that Hamilcar was sent into the sun and will NOT be reappearing in the series.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Joat42   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Considering that, it seems entirely possible that the Hamilcar is still around. But how to survive almost a millennia?

I'm almost certain that RFC has explicitly stated that Hamilcar was sent into the sun and will NOT be reappearing in the series.

Hmm, maybeso... But doesn't preclude the possibility that they built another ship for the specific purpose of coming back in a 1000 years.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:I'm almost certain that RFC has explicitly stated that Hamilcar was sent into the sun and will NOT be reappearing in the series.

Hmm, maybeso... But doesn't preclude the possibility that they built another ship for the specific purpose of coming back in a 1000 years.

Doesn't preclude the invention of a time machine under the Temple either, but I'm not not betting my reitrement pay on either option. :roll:
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by ywing14   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:05 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Joat42 wrote:Hmm, maybeso... But doesn't preclude the possibility that they built another ship for the specific purpose of coming back in a 1000 years.

I think it would be a huge reach for them to build a new space ship especially when they'd have Hamilcar. That's going way out on a limb.
Post by Undercover Fat Kid   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Undercover Fat Kid
Commander

There isn’t really any reason to think that they couldn’t have been doing virtual experiments for the entire time they were on safehold. It’s possible that the fruits of that research came in the form of better cryo facilities, or fast enough N-space drives to achieve an appreciable tao, or a bio weapon that takes two or three years to kill but is incredibly infectious to the Gbaba and nano-tech based so it is essentially impossible to cure.

For that matter it could be some entirely new and powerful device with the ability to give me sex appeal. I mean, I feel like we’re likely to break the C barrier before such a thing happens irl, but RFC can write about whatever he wants, and we agree to suspend disbelief for a time, right? Right!
Death is as a feather,
Duty is as a mountain
This life is a dream
From which we all
Must wake
Post by Annachie   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:53 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Undercover Fat Kid wrote:For that matter it could be some entirely new and powerful device with the ability to give me sex appeal.

Already exists.

It's called having a butte tonne of money.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Undercover Fat Kid   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Undercover Fat Kid
Commander

It is, unfortunately, terribly expensive XD

Annachie wrote:
Undercover Fat Kid wrote:For that matter it could be some entirely new and powerful device with the ability to give me sex appeal.

Already exists.

It's called having a butte tonne of money.
Death is as a feather,
Duty is as a mountain
This life is a dream
From which we all
Must wake
Post by emeye   » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:59 am

emeye
Commander

Well, if it were cheap everyone would have it, so it wouldn't be effective.

Can't have everything, you know :twisted:

Undercover Fat Kid wrote:It is, unfortunately, terribly expensive XD

Return to Safehold