Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alj_sf, Google [Bot] and 10 guests

TFT Audiobook?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
TFT Audiobook?
Post by elaineofshalott   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm

elaineofshalott
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Does anyone know when we'll have information on the Audiobook? I hope they get Wyman again and not Culp or Keating.
Top
Re: TFT Audiobook?
Post by thanatos   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:52 am

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: United States

elaineofshalott wrote:Does anyone know when we'll have information on the Audiobook? I hope they get Wyman again and not Culp or Keating.


While Oliver Wyman would be my first choice, Jason Culp was also good for the two novels he read and a definite second choice. But I agree that Charles Keating was a definite low point for the audio books, as his reading was more of a dull drone and he called every noble in the book "duke" (rather than using their actual titles). Kevin T. Collins was far better than Keating in MTAT but every time he mispronounced "Charis", I wanted to take a baseball bat to his head.
Top
Re: TFT Audiobook?
Post by elaineofshalott   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 am

elaineofshalott
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:43 pm

thanatos wrote:
elaineofshalott wrote:Does anyone know when we'll have information on the Audiobook? I hope they get Wyman again and not Culp or Keating.


While Oliver Wyman would be my first choice, Jason Culp was also good for the two novels he read and a definite second choice. But I agree that Charles Keating was a definite low point for the audio books, as his reading was more of a dull drone and he called every noble in the book "duke" (rather than using their actual titles). Kevin T. Collins was far better than Keating in MTAT but every time he mispronounced "Charis", I wanted to take a baseball bat to his head.


Keating is definitely the worst for me. That is my favorite of the books and yet I always fall asleep listening to it. Also agree on Collins. I feel like there was something that drove me nuts about Culp too. but maybe I was just thinking about Collins.
Top
Re: TFT Audiobook?
Post by Zarz   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Zarz
Ensign

Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:19 am

Wyman was by far my favorite of the narrators as well. I started listening to the Safehold audiobooks when I was in the Peace Corps, and they were the only version of the books available for free through my library's digital library. They were the first audiobooks that I had ever been able to sit all the way through, and I think Wyman's narration was a big part of that - or at least when I started listening to the books not recorded by him, I finally broke down and actually bought the Kindle versions, rather than force myself to listen to 30+ hours of some of the other narrators!

thanatos wrote:Kevin T. Collins was far better than Keating in MTAT but every time he mispronounced "Charis", I wanted to take a baseball bat to his head.


I fully agree. It would definitely have helped if all the narrators could have at least agreed on one standard set of pronunciations!
Top
Re: TFT Audiobook?
Post by mhicks   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:16 pm

mhicks
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:53 am
Location: WA

Didn't Wyman put in "AND THEN THEY KISSED" in the book At the sign of Triumph?
Top
Re: TFT Audiobook?
Post by thanatos   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:34 pm

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: United States

mhicks wrote:Didn't Wyman put in "AND THEN THEY KISSED" in the book At the sign of Triumph?


He did but that was an author's glitch I believe that wasn't fixed in the editing.
Top

Return to Safehold